PDA

View Full Version : Hello from the 'messed up teen'

StormKitten_1
15-03-12, 10:28
Hi i'm sarah. I was put on Sertraline back before Christmas due to depression which i've had since I was young.
In 2010 I got engaged and was living with my partner. We recently split due to me taking out problems on him and basically treating him like dirt without meaning to. After the split I started getting weird illnesses every now and then. A horrid cold, painful tingling through my body and severe nausea and diarrhoea.
I've recently come to realise that these mean I've started getting panic attacks. The triggers are usually related to my boyfriend (or ex as he was when they started) and the fear of loosing him. Obviously at the time I was terrified something was more seriously wrong since Ive never had a true panic attack before.

2months on and we've just started getting back together but cant tell his mother just yet due to her not liking me. Even though we're back together and so far getting on great. Certain things have still triggered my attacks and it seems they're getting more frequent and occuring over the slightest thing.

Right now im sitting trying to hold one at bay. I can feel the tingling starting in my head and hands and so im trying to distract myself. All because tomorrow is his 21st birthday and Im not sure I'll be able to go. I worry about him getting too drunk incase anything happens to him etc, meaning I really want to be there just to know he's ok (no point asking him to text or ring because he wouldnt when he's drunk).
Yes, I shouldnt be so clingy, I do know he's not the first or the last to get completely legless on their 21st, but after the death of my mother he's the closest person to me and im terrified of loosing him to some freak accident like my mum. Aside from an auntie and cousin (who i struggle to get in touch with), I have no family to support me or turn to. My friends cant always be there and those who can, sadly have a way of winding me up and just making things worse.

So yeah, thats me. I turn 21 in April and orginally was meant to be getting married a few days after but obviously thats changed hehehe...
I've just started a level 2 hairdressing course as ive been interested for years and decided to try it. After one day im loving it. Back next week if I have the money to go :unsure:

diane07
15-03-12, 10:29
Hi StormKitten_1

A huge warm welcome to nmp.

You'll get loads of advice and support here and make some lovely friends along the way.

Best wishes

HypnosWisher
15-03-12, 12:45
Welcome SK.

I hope you find advice and people to share with.

cheryl foster
15-03-12, 15:26
:hugs::welcome: