PDA

View Full Version : how would you descibe your anxiety?

miniminx
15-03-12, 15:51
I describe mine as a horrible fear hanging over me but i dont know what of! Also its as if my mind is working overtime trying to find something to be scared of..and it washes over me and makes me feel awful,. then i sit worrying when that feeling will come again making it be with me most of the time .hope my pills kick in soon

GT
15-03-12, 17:04
Mine is exactly the same. They call it scanning. your brain looks for a reason to justify your fear. And if it can't find anything it will probably make stuff up

soulcrosses
15-03-12, 18:55
Anxiety does not empty tomorrow of its sorrows, but only empties today of its strength.

I suppose it differs person to person and it really is one of the hardest things to define. I think that's why it's so isolating.. I had convinced myself that I was alone in these feelings. I came to the conclusion that if I couldn't describe why I was feeling so awful, then how could I expect anyone to understand/help me? I’ve been calling it ‘numbness’, but only because I really have no other words to describe it. I’m not ‘numb’; I can stick a pin in my face in various locations and feel it pinch, but the sensation seems… dulled or muted. Occasionally I’ll get tingling sensations, especially near my chin, that feels like a long hair being brushed across my skin. It almost tickles than tingles.

I’ve thought that maybe my head feels ‘full’ and that it’s my sinuses causing this sensation. I suppose it could be, but ‘full’ doesn’t seem to cut it; when you have a cold and you feel like your sinuses are plugged, that’s feeling ‘full’ to me, and this just isn’t the same.*

I suppose it could be allergies that are causing things in my head to swell and give me all sorts of strange sensations. I’ve been fighting my sinuses for the last few weeks, but it’s not like I can’t breathe or my nose is constantly running or stuffy, so it doesn’t quite fit.

Tightness or Pressure? Maybe. When I squint my eyes it somewhat feels like things are pulling, but it doesn’t hurt, not like how my neck or shoulders hurt; to me that*is ‘tightness’.

I suppose maybe the best thing I can conclude to help me get through this anxious period is to believe that if I can’t accurately describe the sensation I’m feeling, then it can’t be an actual*problem; thus it’s caused by my stress or anxiety.

It’s these sensations in my head that caused me to have an anxiety/panic attacks every week for almost three years now, and I’ve been fighting those sensations ever since. Whatever it is I’m feeling, I wish it would leave so my mind can stop fretting over it and making my life Hell. Maybe anxiety is a depersonalization experience?

Whatever it is, it sucks :(

bignik
15-03-12, 19:22
I describe mine as a horrible fear hanging over me but i dont know what of! Also its as if my mind is working overtime trying to find something to be scared of..and it washes over me and makes me feel awful,. then i sit worrying when that feeling will come again making it be with me most of the time .hope my pills kick in soon

same for me sadly