PDA

View Full Version : propranolol or 5-htp

dream
27-06-06, 20:17
Hi all
need a little bit of advice ,
my main problem i have is anxiety with a dizzy head
in and out most days. i went to the doctors
and she gave me propranolol and said i can have one when needed .
i wasn't really sure about taking them so i went and got some 5-htp
i know not to mix them and up till today hadn't had any of them as
couldn't make up my mind which one to take well was having an
off day today so i took an 5-htp i had it this morning well now
im having small waves of panic over me i haven't had this for along time do you think i should keep taking them or should i take what the doc gave me really need some advice on what you guys think on 5-htp and propranolol i had the 5-htp at 8.30 this morning could this be making me feel like this late on since i took it or is it in my mind ,
thank you all for your help take care denisexxx

denise

Two heads
27-06-06, 20:36
Hi dream!I can so relate to those horrid waves that come over.I had loads sat night.
Anyway the propranolol do really help,so if you feel on edge dont feel afraid to take one.They are good,i used them for a few months. But i am trying AD now as doc said propranolol block the problem but dosent get rid of it ,so not always good for long term.
Saying that im not even sure ad are working that great at presentxxxxxxx

dream
27-06-06, 20:55
Hi two heads
thanks for the reply when you 1st took
propranolol did you have any side effects with them,
like i said i took 1 5-htp at 8.30 this morning
do you think that would have worn of by now and if i feel bad tonight would it be ok too take a propranolol or do you think it will
be best to wait till morning ?? thank you again
take care denisexx

denise

Two heads
27-06-06, 20:59
I think best to wait it out hun entill the morning!
I felt a little strange for a couple of days but found they really relaxed me and i had no panick,it was great!Just take them with food as i took my frist one with out food and i was very spaced out.The times after they were great.xx

polly daydream
28-06-06, 15:40
Hi Denise, just remember the dr isn't going to give you anything that is bad for you, these are very good tabs for blocking your adrenaline and make you feel alot calmer. I take them if and when I need them day or night.

Best wishes.

Polly

dream
28-06-06, 19:09
Hi
thank you both so much for your
help, polly sorry to keep asking the same ???
but did you have any side effects
when you 1st started taking yours ,
and if you are feeling bad and take one how long before
they kick in ,
thanks again take care all denisexxx

denise

polly daydream
29-06-06, 00:35
Hi Denise, I never got any side effects with the drugs at all, the only thing you will find is that because they block your adrenaline it feels like your heart is beating slower which is strange at first but actually it's great. You will be so much more relaxed on them. I was given the 80mg Propranolol, which takes about 30 minutes at least to take effect and lasts for about 8 hours, which isn't bad. Let me know how you get on, just remember they wont hurt you.

Best wishes,

Polly