PDA

View Full Version : Hi Everyone

bugzee
16-03-12, 09:23
It really does make a difference talking to people that know how you are feeling and what you are going through.
I am new to the site and i really am looking forward to talking with people who understand what i am going through and also hoping that i may be able to help others as well.
I am 50 years old and live on the Isle of Man. i am on the tablet sertraline 100mg daily. I have been on these for about a year,but have been on anti-depressants for roughly 12 years. The reason i started taking Anti-depressants is a little unusual but here i am. Today i split up with my girlfriend of 4 years, the reason mainly is because i have found that whilst being on tablets i have totally lost my labido, not only this but, hard to explain most of the feelings of love i have always had. i never wanted our relationship to end but i also understand why it did. I took advice of the doctor to cut down and come of the tablets, i was told to cut to 50mg a day for a month then come completely of them. After only a few days the side affects were not good and i knew in myself this wasnt going to work so i decided that i would take 100mg one day then 50mg the next, trying this for a month,then maybe 50mg a day for a month. i stayed with my girlfriend last night (i had moved into my own accomodation a while ago because of the situation with tablets) she asked me how i was getting on with coming off the tablets and i told her that i had changed to coming off the way i thought, she doesnt think i am taking the situation serious because i never followed the doctors instructions. So here i am, not knowing where i go from here but knowing that being with ppl who understand what i am going through will be helpful not only for me but also if i am able to help others.
Its nice to be onboard

diane07
16-03-12, 09:24
Hi bugzee

A huge warm welcome to nmp.

You'll get loads of advice and support here and make some lovely friends along the way.

Best wishes

Vanilla Sky
17-03-12, 00:03
Hi and welcome to NMP :welcome:

Paige x

Pipkin
17-03-12, 00:27
Hi there and a warm :welcome:

I'm sure you'll find loads of members here who share your experience and that you'll find it comforting to see that you're not alone.

Take care and keep posting

Pip x