PDA

View Full Version : eating problem

cheeky monkey
27-06-06, 20:45
Hi
I was wondering if anyone else has the same problem, Sometimes when I eat I get a pain in which seems my chest, sometimes it burns real bad and other times its a pain, it also makes me have to catch my breath. I also have to take my time eating a meal I have been known to take an hour to eat. a few years back I had the tube put down my throat and was told I had an inflammed osophagus and reflux. But in recent years because of the od's the doc says I haven't done my tum any good, he has given me some tablets to take before I eat sometimes they help but at the min they don't, I now have to have the dreaded tube again which im not looking forward too. so I was wondering if anyone else has the same problems who could give me any ideas how to ease it abit.
I also have a problem with taking tabs, as they either make me heave or be sick this happens with any tab, which sometimes stops me taking my meds.
Hope someone can help
susie

nomorepanic
27-06-06, 21:35
Susie

It sounds like acid reflux to me and can be very painful!

I take something called Losec for mine and it is very effective.

Have you tried Gaviscon atall as that comes in liquid form so no tablets to take!

I find that milk eases mine and also peppermint. Some on here say aloe vera is very good so you could try some of that.

Good luck with the tube!

Nicola

pinkpenny1uk
27-06-06, 22:44
hi,
i have acid reflux and am on omprenzole for it. i also take gaviscon advance which is also a liquid and is avaliable on perscription from your g.p.

hope all goes well for u

pp x