PDA

View Full Version : Anxiety from hell.......but iv got to take them!

chrissie125
16-03-12, 16:53
Hi everyone
I have been a member on here for a little while now, and usually read with interest and on occasions read to make me see im not the only one with anxiety! only im now needing this site more than ever........
Basically after years of suffering i have been diagnosed anxiety and panic, i have recieved CBT which made a huge difference to me (prior to it i was not leaving the house) and to cut a long story short my life is hell daily with my anxiety and panic so i asked my doc for something to chill me out and help me and he has prescribed me citalopram 20mg and im terrified of taking them.....only i know iv got to and i know i will feel better and i was wondering if anyone else was just starting out on them and we could do it together ..... thanks for reading x

CameronG
16-03-12, 17:02
I felt the same as you but knew i needed to take, u read alot about side effects but i got none whatsoever, I started at 10 mg n now on 20mg

pinkdove
16-03-12, 17:11
yes i agree chrissie start on 10mg for a couple of weeks then increase to 20mg, and remember not evertone gets side effects good luck xx

Tufty
16-03-12, 17:20
Chrissie, I had CBT which worked and enabled me to do what I needed to do but I wasn't enjoying anything and still had the anxiety but had learnt to not catastrophise. It was only when I started an SSRI that I recovered, the CBT and SSRI together made me 100% back to normal.
It is really hard starting new drugs, I hate it but they work for me and should for you.
Have you got any Diazepam or sedation just in case? You probably won't need it but it's nice to have a safety net!
Good luck, much love Sam

morning_blues
16-03-12, 17:43
Good luck Chrissie, you are going into it with your eyes open - hopefully it will be fine for you but be prepared to feel worse before you start to feel better. Diazepam is a good suggestion - GPs often prescribe to help you through the worst of it - mine didn't and I really could have used it!!

Kendra
16-03-12, 17:59
Hi Chrissie,

I am on day 16 of 10mg of cit!! I would start low like Pink says and work up to 20mg.

may be that 10mg might do the trick for you anyway. As for side effects I retched a bit on a morning, did feel slightly more anxoius in the begining but it was nothing that I couldn't handle at the time. Nowhere near as bad as I thought it would be!!

Its still early days but I have had 2 really good days yesterday and Wednesday so something must be working somewhere.

There are plenty of people on here to help and support when you need it.

Take care

Kendra x

chrissie125
16-03-12, 20:25
Thanks everyone.......i took it at 5.56pm and so far (i hope not to jinx myself now) but 2.5hrs later and i have no side effects......fingers crossed that means i wont but it could also mean i just need a build up in my system 1st lol......i am feeling tired so will be taking my book to bed very soon, but then im always tired anyway lol

Cross your fingers and toes for me people xx

nicola1980
16-03-12, 20:32
Good luck x x

soulcrosses
17-03-12, 00:07
Hey! I'm on my second month of Citalopram.. I read numerous books on CBT and tried to self-heal myself for a few years of enduring my pain before having a breakdown and visiting the Doctor as a last resort (I was too embarrassed beforehand). Anyway, from day three until about a week or so after that I was feeling really sick.. The side effects aren't good, and my anxiety was heightened. But by the time I reached the second week, I was on my way up and feeling content for the first time in a long time. Brace yourself, and don't be fearful of sudden emotional changes. Stick with them, I promise you that you'll get through it and be better off because of it.
Take care if yourself, let us know how you get on!
:)

chrissie125
17-03-12, 07:14
Morning folks......well i dont think i jinxed myself too much lol......felt sick a little in the night and tossed and turned a lot, but i have not slept thru the night in years without waking up several times so that may not even be the tablets.....the only thing iv noticed and got up with is the dull pain in my eyes and head feels very heavy.....it doesnt feel good but i just keep thinking of the day i wake up and feel more like myself again....il keep ya posted x:yesyes:

Kendra
17-03-12, 10:19
Thats good chrissie, Good luck we are all here for you!! x

---------- Post added at 10:19 ---------- Previous post was at 10:18 ----------

oh that heavy head feeling I had that it does go away eventually, I like to think of it as the meds starting to be things right in my brain!! x

chrissie125
17-03-12, 19:00
Evening folks

Im pleased with myself (even if this does seem trivial to others) i have had a reasonable day, the heavy head feeling wore off quite quickly this morning and iv felt fine through out the day and........iv just took pill number 2!
Lets see what tommorow brings...probably an anxious day as my son plays rugby and is at a tournament tommorow but as always i will use my CBT therapy advice and get through it.....
Thanks for reading folks and i hope im not too boring lol

Chrissie :yesyes: