PDA

View Full Version : Wisdom teeth worries!

cassy1989
16-03-12, 18:37
Hi. I have had pains in my gums where my wisdom teeth are trying to come through for the past couple of years on and off. But lately it has got worse. I haven't got a dentist appointment til 2nd april but I am really panicking that my wisdom teeth are impacted and that I'm going to get an infection or abcess. I have a fear of abcesses because I'm convinced if I get one it will spread to my brain as I have heard it can happen!!
Any way the symptoms I have right now are just an achey irritated feeling on my gums and it feels like I want to bite down on some thing and rub my gums. I do also normally have pain all down the side of my face as well but haven't got that today.
So does any one know does it sound like its normal wisdom teeth symptoms or could they be impacted?? Thank you.

Em.ma
16-03-12, 20:00
hiya.
having same problem its coming through but not enough room for it to come through haha. they ache and bleed when brushing to.
i doubt it would go to the brain

swgrl09
16-03-12, 23:50
I had impacted wisdom teeth and they never got infected or anything ... My mouth is small so there was no room for them to come in. My dentist was more concerned about my teeth becoming crooked than any sort of infection. They didn't go crooked by the way. Eventually when they had formed enough below the gums they took all four out. Are you getting yours out?

Magic
17-03-12, 12:48
Hi cassy,
I had impacted wisdom teeth years ago. They were removed. You could be refered to the hosp if the dentist thinks there will be awkward to be removed by him/her. You will be ok. If you have any infection it is treatable.
Never heard of anything going to the brain with this sort of thing