PDA

View Full Version : behavioural problems?

dovid
16-03-12, 19:12
hi ive been told today by my CBTherapist that i dont have mental health problems but i do have behavioural problems, ive been trying to find out on the internet what she means and it says behavioural problems include OCD GAD etc i have both of those. she also said that im not ill and asked me if i thought i was. someone please enlighten me as to what behavioural problems mean. thanks

crystal17
16-03-12, 22:26
Maybe autism/aspergers? Did she not go into any details about the nature of them?

Stormsky
16-03-12, 22:31
perhaps she sees behaviour probs as anx/ocd....

suzy-sue
17-03-12, 00:55
Maybe she meant the way you react to certain things /situations ...Avoidance issues can be called behavioural ..You need to ask her what she MEANT ,next time you see her ..t/c sue

Connor_cbt
17-03-12, 01:09
Hi Dovid :)

Behaviour problems are exactly what it says on the tin, they are behaviours that have become a problem for you. I'm not certain but it sounds like what she was trying to say is that you dont have a specific mental illness but you do have a way of responding to anxiety etc that isn't beneficial to you. I say that because depression, stress anxiety are all mental health problems and i assume you suffer from at least one of those or you wouldn't be here lol I think it's possibly just a mix up in terminology.

dovid
17-03-12, 12:52
thanks for everyones replies. crystal17 she didnt go into details of the nature of them and ive been wanting to text her to ask her to clarify what she meant, i mean shes been seeing me for over 2 and a half years, so im sure she has a good idea of whats wrong with me. stormsky maybe thats what she thinks that my anxieties are bahavioural problems and not mental health. suzy sue definitley, cause she keeps saying i catastrophize and im so extreme, and avoidance issues is a big problem for me, its like she keeps saying dont let anxiety control your life. connor cbt my behaviours are a problem for me, its just i thought that my anxiety disorders were mental health issues and now its like shes telling me their not and that i have behavioural problems, im gonna ask my CBTherapist what she means and im thinking of asking her to write a report to me about what she thinks wrong with me or what my difficulties are.