PDA

View Full Version : Hello

mumtotwogirls
16-03-12, 19:40
Hi, never been on one of these sites before but I think it can only help. I have been suffering with anxiety for about a year now. Started when my daughter had a bad case of hives at beginning of last year that lasted for two months, doctor made a remark about underlying causes and I havent been the same since. I just went into panic mode convinced there was something horribly wrong with her, she had blood test and all was ok, but by this time I was really bad. I was put on Citalopram for about 10 months and came off them just before Christmas. I was ok at first but things are getting really bad again. Firstly a chance remark about me from a nurse made me convinced I had something awful, then my daughter has had a couple of infections and I have been paranoid about her again. She has had more blood test, which again were fine, but now I have started to worry about my younger daughter. Every small thing she says just sends me into panic. I am waking in the morning with a feeling of dread which keeps coming back throughout the day. We have lost a family member through cancer and a family I know lost their young daughter to cancer last year. I think this is at the back of my mind all the time and I cant shake it. Sorry its a long introduction!

Pipkin
16-03-12, 19:43
Hi there and a warm :welcome:

I'm sure you'll find loads of members here who share your experience and that you'll find it comforting to see that you're not alone.

Take care and keep posting

Pip xx

diane07
16-03-12, 19:44
Hi mumtotwogirls

A huge warm welcome to nmp.

You'll get loads of advice and support here and make some lovely friends along the way.

Best wishes

Vanilla Sky
17-03-12, 00:00
Hi and welcome to NMP :welcome:

Paige x