PDA

View Full Version : Hi, I'm new to all this

donna x
16-03-12, 20:59
Hi everyone,
I have always been a worrier but since the beginning of January I have been feeling on edge and then one evening at my mum’s I took a panic attack. I was so scarred I when to the doctor the next day and he prescribed propranolol 80mg. I was starting to feel better but then last week at work I got news of expected redundancies which I am finding really difficult. Back at the doctor this week and he has prescribed sertraline 50mg along with the propranolol. I started these this morning but I have been worrying myself today about taking these two medications together and also about the side effects with having health anxiety. I have also not told my husband or parents about the sertraline becuase they did not want me to start anti-depressants, and say I just need a shake and get on with things. I have really found the last couple of days difficult with anxiety and OCD as I have had no medication so I have been quite upset that I am worse than I first expected. I have found this site really helpful.
Thanks,
Donna

diane07
16-03-12, 21:02
Hi donna x

We just wanted to welcome you aboard to NMP. We hope you enjoy your stay here and get all the support and advice you need.

Please take some time to read the website articles on the left as well for loads of advice and tips.

Darrenb74
16-03-12, 21:59
Hello donna and welcome to NMP. Do you know what triggered it off in January? I know it is hard to relive the anxious moments but try doing so because it can help to understand why you're feeling like you do.

Darren :)