PDA

View Full Version : Brain Hematoma worry in china

ben_jamzin
17-03-12, 09:25
Hi all fellow worryers! Hope things are as good as can be for you

I am a student currently living in a relatively small city in southern china, where healthcare is unfortunately a field in which much work needs to be done to get it up to a basic standard, they try hard, but the challenge the people here are presented with is massive. (as many of you may be able to imagine, living in a place like this with health anxiety is very challenging, the doctors here only have interest in making money out of you, and are paid very little for what they do).

I like any of you reading this (presumably) have a health anxiety issue, I have like many of us worried about the more sinister illnesses like having a heart problem which may link me to being at a higher risk of sudden cardiac death, but also things such as developing mental conditions such as psychotic episodes and the like.

Currently I am rather concerned about a potential brain hemorrhage (subdural), having had my head bashed about somewhat the other day during a scuffle which took place outside a karaoke bar here, (I had the back of my head hit against an advertising billboard), I have had very little in the way of symptoms save for a little drowsiness/dizziness and a slight headache at the front of my head and have been worrying quite intensely about it. This incident took place on Wednesday at about 2am china time, it is now Saturday 5pm china time as I write this. Although the initial worry of having a serious reaction to this hit is ebbing away, I am still concerned as there seems to be a feeling of pressure around my forehead eyes and sinus.

To make matters worse, I headed a football rather dodgily today during a practice session, and it made my head pound, I really haven't been able to get this out of my head. Given my rather limited access to medical care, I am looking to see if anybody here is going through/has gone through anything similar to this, and was able to seek medical attention and a good explanation of these matters from a doctor. Also, it is to my understanding there are some medically trained personnel who are members of this forum, if it is not too much trouble, a little reassurance would be fantastic.

Thank you for reading - we have an unbelievably well trained health service in the united kingdom, many friends of mine study medicine at university and believe me, the discipline amongst the process of becoming an nhs doctor is astounding. We must be grateful for how well we are looked after - even if sometimes we don't always feel we have achieved what we wanted from a visit to the doctors.

My very best

Ben

beauty2010
20-03-12, 09:24
Hi Ben
I hope you are now feeling better
It is very unlikely you have a haematoma as you know. I once slipped and fell on the back of my head really hard next to a swimming pool and I was fine. Also, little kids are always bumping their heads with no ill effects.
Let us know how you are feeling.
B