PDA

View Full Version : Is this normal?

Attackattack73
17-03-12, 16:17
Im on 40mg of cit, and they obviously still haven't kicked in yet, (been 2 weeks) .The thing is, yesterday, my whole morning through the afternoon was super depressing and the anxiety was high. When evening came, i felt this odd rush of motivation, and went to the mall with my family, and just wanted to do everything, i was happy, careless and capable of doing anything. This morning, i feel like shit again, woke up with an upset stomach feeling anxious and nauseous to face the day, everything seems way too much to do. Is this whole thing normal? I mean...its freaking me out xD
Please dont say i'm bipolar :SSS

Ingenious
17-03-12, 17:04
Two weeks is fairly early in a course of Citalopram. You're still at the stage where things will take a little while to settle down, so you may have some days which are good and some days which are bad. Often there's no reason why a day might be good or bad so please try and keep in mind this is simply the side effects of your new medication. Many people do report feeling rough and even worse before they get better. You're not bipolar you're just going through a normal if unpleasant process of settling on new medication. One day at a time :)

Gopala
17-03-12, 18:04
Hi ive been taking citalopram 20 mg and mitrazapine 15 mg for 2 weeks and am starting to feel better. I was having awful anxiety attacks and insominia but its lifting, although still having lots of weird thoughts. Hang on in there - i was very relucatant to take any meds for a few months but now im seeing they are a good thing. Take care G

Attackattack73
17-03-12, 18:32
Thanx Gopala and Ingenious :)

Is it possible that if I had already been on 20mg for 3 years and the sudden up dose to 40mg is just taking way longer to work completely?