PDA

View Full Version : REIKI!! A GOD SEND!

panicannie
27-06-06, 22:21
Hi all, I felt I had to post as I had my second reiki session today in a fornight and it was FANTASTIC! it has completely opened my eyes up. I had got to the point with my panic and anxiety that conventional medicine and therapy(still on waiting list) just wasn't enough. I heard about reiki on this website and thought what have I got to loose and it was one of the best things I have done. I can't really put into words what I experienced and I know that everyones experience is different, ranging from feeling nothing thru to what I felt today. I would say it was a spiritual experience but it depends how you look at it! I believe that if your thoughts can have such a negative effect on your body ie, anxiety, panic ect.. then they can also have a positive effect. I now feel I am heading in the right direction after 6 years of hell. I would urge anyone to give it a shot, you've got nothing to loose!

joanne

jackie
27-06-06, 22:44
i think im just about to start it through the therapy im having and really cant wait now joanne

im so pleased for you

jackie

Piglet
27-06-06, 23:32
Ooh sounds lovely.

Piglet :D

"Supposing a tree fell down, Pooh, when we were underneath it?" said Piglet.
"Supposing it didn't," said Pooh after careful thought.

Karen
28-06-06, 00:55
Glad it is helping Joanne.

I am a firm believer in complimentary or alternative treatments, having found that hypnotherapy, acupuncture and Shiatsu have all been beneficial.

Karen

Happiness is not a state to arrive at but a manner of travelling.

You only live once, but if you do it right, once is enough ~ Christine Cagney, Cagney & Lacey

W.I.F.T.S.
07-07-06, 12:34
I really don't know a lot about it. I've been proactively relaxing with a jacuzzi, swim and sauna every morning and found that to really help. I'm going to go to a day spa soon and they do reiki and reflexology there, so I'll hopefully pluck up the courage to give it a go.

"An anxious mind cannot exist within a relaxed body"

Ships in harbour are safe..but that's not what ships were built for.

ceecee
08-07-06, 18:47
hi joanne thats great that you have found it such a great help!!!i,m going to see if there are any sessions in my area,i,m willing to give anything a try!!!take care rachelx x x

whatsimigig
10-07-06, 19:42
thats really great hun!!!!!
i too am a firm believer in all healing and it has helped me no end.
i go to a spiritual chrch regulary and last week i felt really tired and down so i had reikki and it was the best nites sleep i had in ages.(concidering im 8 months pregnant).
x

Jenny
10-07-06, 21:50
Hi Joanne,

I am glad to hear that Reiki has helped you. It has helped me feel more comfortable about going. I have a session booked but it isn't until August. A Reiki master is coming to do a training day and seminar about 8 miles from where I live. So I got in touch. He said once he has finished his class for the day, he would see me for an hour and do a Reiki session. I have heard lots of good reports so I am now looking forward to going.

Besrt Wishes
Jenny xxxxxxxxx

normalwisdom
10-07-06, 22:24
I tried Reiki as a taster at my local schools pamper night, it was great I am definately going to book more sessions and would highly reccommend it to others. it made me feel so relaxed and gave me a high after , can't really explain it!. but it worked.

tt
16-07-06, 17:47
Can you tell me what they actually do and say?
Is it costly?
How often do yu need to go?

TT:)

TT:)

mjh74
16-07-06, 18:49
I've done my Reiki level 1 so I can work on people and my partner is a full reiki master. It's certainly good stuff and does help a lot :)