PDA

View Full Version : Heart worry because of what happened today!

Worried_Male
17-03-12, 22:45
I won't post exact details but a footballer suffered heart trouble today and ever since i saw it i have been really worried about my heart.

pearl79
17-03-12, 23:05
same.. my anxiety has sky rocketed since hearing about it... be strong <3

pearl xx

nomorepanic
17-03-12, 23:12
You are only worried because it was shown on TV. You wouldn't be if it wasn't if that makes sense. I.E. people have heart attacks every day but they don't worry you because you don't know about them.

You are not him and so you cannot compare yourself with him at all.

crystal17
17-03-12, 23:14
Nicola is right but I'm the same, been very anxious since. Poor guy xx

ewood79
17-03-12, 23:27
There have been a number of footballers now that this has happened too and just because they are fit dosnt mean they are exempt from things happening.... Most times some sort of defect or congenital condition is found to be the cause, if you have had heart tests etc and all clear then u have nothing to worry about.

But I will agree it makes u anxious as its kind of in your face etc.... We also put ourselves in the same situation... And makes our anxiety higher...

I'm sure there will be a reason for it happening ie some sort of defect etc.... Prayers are with him and his family.

macc noodle
18-03-12, 07:17
What you have to remember is that you should live every day to the full - just as this young footballer was doing. Even if he had sat at home worrying about possibly having heart problems , nothing could have stopped his eventual collapse if it were an undiagnosed condition.

Chances are he wouldn't have felt a thing, just a catastrophic collapse - no pain, nothing.

As Nicola says, these things happen every day but it does not mean that we are all going to suffer the same fate AND as we HA and anxiety sufferers know, we can all too easily suffer chest pain as a common symptom.

Try not to worry too much but instead pray/hope for his recovery.

Macc
Xx

Worried_Male
18-03-12, 13:25
The problem is my Mum suffers from a form of heart failure. She was told it could be hereditary as well. I was supposed to have a heart test a long time ago but i'm too scared.

After today i think i'm going to have to.

ben_jamzin
18-03-12, 13:55
I imagined that this would cause a stir, I certainly thought long and hard about this one, a young 21 year old man presumably at physical peak dying suddenly is a scary concept.

However it's useful to put this into perspective, it is very likely his death was due to a physical abnormality with his heart which caused him to suffer from a fatal heart arrhythmia. Not being a doctor that is as far as I would like to go but if YOU are worried about having something in common with this poor man then I would suggest going to your doctor and raising your concerns in an honest manner - mine was very understanding and offered me an ultrasound, all on the nhs.

People who play professional sports are pushing their bodies to the absolute limit day in day out, and a lot of them will use their heart muscle so heavily (unhealthily so) that there re bound to be consequences, gib this article a read if you are unsure - it's rather reassuring :).

http://www.skippinghearts.com/articles/gaines-adams-chicago-bears-cardiac-arrest-die/

all the best to everyone who reads this - nice to know we are not alone.

Em.ma
18-03-12, 18:57
me to.
i feel that because my heart beat is raised from anxiety all the time i will have an attack
:(
nic is right though

graceyjade
18-03-12, 19:19
i'm exactly the same, ever since last nights events my anxiety seems to have rocketed :(

Carys
18-03-12, 19:23
People who play professional sports are pushing their bodies to the absolute limit day in day out, and a lot of them will use their heart muscle so heavily (unhealthily so) that there re bound to be consequencesI knew, if I waited long enough, an excuse would come up for me to avoid lots of exercise. :D

Douglas
18-03-12, 19:26
I'm not pointing fingers at this particular player, but keep in mind that many foorball players use some form of drug that isn't good for your body. Steroids come to mind. People will argue until the sun goes down that if administered correctly, there is no worry of harm to your body. I don't care what they say. Your body doesn't require nor need some of these drugs these guys like to use. It's hard on their bodies, and football players aren't the only drug users that have died from this kind of lifestyle.

kinnygirl1
18-03-12, 20:26
My anxiety is through the roof as well - They are saying it has most prob been caused by some sort of undetected abnormaility he was born with. Of course this just feeds my worry that I have some sort of undetected abnormality I was born with! Been feeling tired and dizzy all day as well which hasn't helped.

Best wishes to all reading this and prayers and thoughts to Fabrice. We pray you pull through this.

ewood79
18-03-12, 20:32
If you have had Ecgs and stress test etc any possible defect would come up in that.....

It's a scary time etc but we must not think the worst etc....

crystal17
18-03-12, 21:06
I imagined that this would cause a stir, I certainly thought long and hard about this one, a young 21 year old man presumably at physical peak dying suddenly is a scary concept.

However it's useful to put this into perspective, it is very likely his death was due to a physical abnormality with his heart which caused him to suffer from a fatal heart arrhythmia. Not being a doctor that is as far as I would like to go but if YOU are worried about having something in common with this poor man then I would suggest going to your doctor and raising your concerns in an honest manner - mine was very understanding and offered me an ultrasound, all on the nhs.

People who play professional sports are pushing their bodies to the absolute limit day in day out, and a lot of them will use their heart muscle so heavily (unhealthily so) that there re bound to be consequences, gib this article a read if you are unsure - it's rather reassuring :).

http://www.skippinghearts.com/articles/gaines-adams-chicago-bears-cardiac-arrest-die/

Just to say Ben, he hasn't died!

venusbluejeans
18-03-12, 21:55
I'm not pointing fingers at this particular player, but keep in mind that many foorball players use some form of drug that isn't good for your body. Steroids come to mind. People will argue until the sun goes down that if administered correctly, there is no worry of harm to your body. I don't care what they say. Your body doesn't require nor need some of these drugs these guys like to use. It's hard on their bodies, and football players aren't the only drug users that have died from this kind of lifestyle.

In England and I am guessing the US Football players along with other sports people undergo regular drugs screening to make sure they are not taking any 'performance enhancing drugs'.........so any drug use in profesional sport is normally caught by the vigourous screening policies, so therefore your statement of 'many football players use some form of drug that isn't good for your body' is totally uncalled for and wrong as most professional footballers/sportsmen stick within the rules or are caught in the act and punished accordingly.

you say......'football players aren't the only drug users that have died from this kind of lifestyle'...........

you are calling footballers drug users and i feel that is an insensitive and a total misrepresentation of professional sports people.......... I think you will find that footballers who have died on the pitch were not 'drug users' and had pre existing genetic tendancies to heart problems which is why they passed away.

So do not tar footballers with the 'drug user' brush when just about all are not and those few that are are severely punished and removed from the game!!!

kinnygirl1
18-03-12, 22:08
Just to say Ben, he hasn't died!

Think there is a bit of confusion as an american football player has recently sadly passed away due to a heart attack whilst over here in the UK a young football player has suffered a heart attack whilst on the pitch and is currently in a critical condition. Both are very frightening stories and I think us HA sufferers pick up on these very acutely.

Really feel for both men and thier families.

crystal17
18-03-12, 22:13
I agree with venusbluejeans, footballers over here are regularly screened for drug use and this poor man Fabrice is suffering from something that is not exclusive to 'drug users'! Just hoping he gets through this, he has so much to live for.

Ah Kinnygirl, I didnt realise that. Very sad for that other football player, what a tragedy.

kinnygirl1
18-03-12, 22:27
Ah Kinnygirl, I didnt realise that. Very sad for that other football player, what a tragedy.[/QUOTE]

Yes - although it sounds like different circumstances to what Fabrice has suffered. The american football player was a line man (I think) and I think they have to be very big men. The thought is that the strain on this man's heart may have been caused by his body mass. It really is a tragedy.

Kay85
19-03-12, 16:29
Can I just be pedantic and point out, he did not have a 'heart attack' which means a myocardial infarction (where a coronary artery gets blocked and the heart is deprived of oxygen and some of the heart tissue can die) he had a cardiac arrest, where the heart stops beating. These two are very different and it drives me mental that the press are so slapdash with their reporting!!!

pablo22
19-03-12, 17:04

Why did i read that article lol!! now it has me worried :s ... f**cking photos, however i'm 6-2' 210 pounds.... moderately active.. . ... . ugh.. i dont want his heart

Shellbell80
22-03-12, 20:14
This has me scared too cos i have a fast heart rate but funnily enough the cardiologist I saw was the same one who ran on to the pitch which i guess i should take as some what reassuring that although my heart is beating faster all the time he has told me im fine :) Easier said then done when you read a story like this :shrug: