PDA

View Full Version : scared of everything..

Sean86
18-03-12, 03:14
Hi everyone im Sean ive had anxiety for around 5 years now. I avoid people, going places. Ive spent the last 5 years in my room on the pc which has made it worse. Im scared of everyone and thing i wouldent even go to the dentist to get my wisdom teeth out which are growing on there side so i been getting stressed and in alot of pain lately. But i finally gave up and for the last 2 weeks ive cut down alot on cafine, eat more healthy even made myself go get a bloodtest for thyroids and even been in busy supermarkets. Even tho im tryign to get out more i still feel funny around people, makes me tired feel like im going to fall over sometimes get heart burn and eyesight goes misty/weird. I find it very hard to trust people even my own family. i never used to belive in depression till last year when i got really upset for no reason i want to change but in a way im scared and can never tempt my self. I also wont take tablets cus im scared of side effects i would rather do it without drugs which im going for at the moment gona get councilling next week so hopefully when i get bord i dont just panic and go to sleep till it pasts.

diane07
18-03-12, 03:19
Hi Sean86

We just wanted to welcome you aboard to NMP. We hope you enjoy your stay here and get all the support and advice you need.

Please take some time to read the website articles on the left as well for loads of advice and tips.

kittikat
18-03-12, 12:22
Hi Sean & :welcome:

Wow, 5 years is a long time to suffer like this....hats off to you for trying to cope without meds but what happens is we start to avoid any situations that make us feel anxious, hence the lonely time you have spent in your room. Meds I know are not for everyone but without them I would probably have been like you. I also worry about side effects (badly) so I know what you mean. I hope the therapy is the start of you gaining some control and getting your life back on track. Just take things slowly, one small step at a time. I can see from your post that you are already trying and thats a brilliant start. Wish you lots of luck in your journey and a new 'quality of life' to look forward to :) There are some lovely supportive people here ready to help and encourage you. Kitti x

Pipkin
18-03-12, 12:35
Hi Sean and a big, warm :welcome:

I know you'll find lots of people here who share your experiences and that you'll also be able to give a lot to others.

Take care and keep posting

Pip

dominizl
18-03-12, 16:51
Hello, I'm a newbie here, but I agree that there are definitely answers here u will find useful.. I totally understand the part where you mention being tired around people. And also isolating yourself in your room/apartment with your pc. I've been having different mental issues for over two years now and have started to "do something about it" just a few months ago. I really like what you wrote there, that you've been trying to live healthier for the past two weeks. That is great. I've been doing the same for about two months now (I slipped occasionally, but hey, I'm only human) and I feel it is starting to work. Very slowly, veeeeerrrryyyy slowly to be more precise, but if you start with one good/healthy thing, then others seems to pop out by themselves. It takes a whole lot of patience and getting to really know yourself, but it is worth it. I, myself, am far from feeling cured or free of this madness, but I feel I've made a first tiny little step and from what you write I think you've made that step too.

Try to keep that attitude and if you slip, forgive yourself and move on. I just read an interesting article on this site "When the Gloves come off" found at "No more Panic Articles/Anxiety" - at the very end of the page there's a link (I can't post links yet :). I plan to read it again, you might find it interesting as well.

Lots of luck man, you're on the right path.

P.S. I'm trying to go without rough meds as well. For me it's St. John's Wort, Chlorella and Barely powder.