PDA

View Full Version : Think my father is becoming psychotic

bukendaa
18-03-12, 07:24
My father is in his late 40s quite a intelligent man who is highly educated. But as of late the last few months he's starting to worry me...he starts getting strange paranoid delusions..one is the police are taping his phone and have placed bugs in his car. He sleeps with a shotgun because he thinks people are going to come into his house and shoot him. Then he starts talking about how he can " tap into a Devine force" and his latest one he thinks he can read the dogs thoughts..I don't know what's going on with him. He might be having a mid life crisis I'm not sure but he gets aggressive and paranoid. He even starts placing things I front of his windows thinking the neighbors are listening and spying on him.

Carys
18-03-12, 08:02
I think you should let your family doctor know about your father's behaviour. This isn't a 'mid life crisis', but only a medical professional can really diagnose what is going on and it sounds like some sort of help is needed here.

Pipkin
18-03-12, 09:03
Hi there,

I agree with Carys - you should persuade him to discuss this with his GP. You could go with him if it would help. It's definitely more than a mid-life crisis and I'm sure you find the gun quite worrying.

Good luck

Pip x