PDA

View Full Version : closeness to you guys

chevychaser
27-06-06, 23:03
Hi all. Isn't it amazing that most of us will never meet or know what each other looks like or sounds but yet I feel like I know you guys better than anyone. I can't beleive how the health anxiety cycle is exactly the same for all of us and I understand and relate to every single post on here after having it for 10 years. It horrible how long most of us have suffered. Until I found this site I didn't even know there were others out there like me. although I wish I never had it,,,,,,I think having health anxiety has made me a better person in a way. I've grown to be very compassionate towards others and non-judgmental about other peoples issues that I may not fully understand. I think it is impossible for anyone to understand the fear we feel unless they have it. Anyway...my point is......I don't know who is responsible for this site...but I thankyou and to everyone who takes the time to post and vent...and panic freely on here...and cry...and reply and offer advise....and just generally share their health anxiety with other sufferers. I seriously thought I was losing my mind in the lead-up to finding this site. I hope everyone gets as much from not feeling alone as I do. Best wishes and happy days to all of us. xx

marie ross
27-06-06, 23:35
Hi,

I feel exactly the same, a big thank you to Nicola and everyone else involved with this site.... it is brilliant and has helped me soooooo much. Two years ago i thought i was losing my mind, i did'nt know anyone esle who was going through what i was going though, until i came across this site. But us anxiety sufferers are kind people who understand what other people are going through and will take the time to listen and reply and try and help as much as we can. You are not alone, i truly thank everyone who has helped me in here. THANK YOU SO MUCH.

Take care all.

Marie XXX

polly daydream
28-06-06, 16:07
Yes I totally agree, I thought I was the only one untill I was told by a great friend about the site. Thank you to whom responsible for setting it up and making it as successful as it is.

Best wishes,

Polly

hayles
28-06-06, 16:30
Great Great Great Post
and so true, I think this site has a lot to answer for, I have been the best i have in a loooooooooong time since finding this site!

Hay x

Two heads
28-06-06, 17:18
Hear ,hear!I have found this site so helpful and i feel free to moan about any probs i may have with this horrid health anxiety.I all so feel close to some people on here as if i have met them in person.This anxiety is hard to deal with on your own, but its great that there are people out there just like me!xxx

ceecee
28-06-06, 20:39
hi what a great post!i feel its easier talking to you guys than my family as you all understand how the mind works!!!knowing that we,re not alone in this does make it easier.take care rachelx x x

Daisybun
28-06-06, 23:13
I agree Chevy this is a lifeline for many of us. It can be lonely living with anxiety and panic but you know that there is always someone you can chat to on NMP. Thanks Nicola for starting this site!

Take care
Daisybun

'This too will pass'

Piglet
28-06-06, 23:58
I have always liked the fact that Nic turned a negative thing in her life into a positive thing.

I always think of her when I hear the saying 'If life gives you lemons, make lemonade'.

That's exactly what she has done by starting this site.

It's also very good to hear how much it means to people, because it can be a little demoralising when ocasionally people have a moan or a dig about posts not getting answered, or being overlooked etc and forget the site is a totally voluntary thing.

:D:D:D

Love Piglet x

"Supposing a tree fell down, Pooh, when we were underneath it?" said Piglet.
"Supposing it didn't," said Pooh after careful thought.

nomorepanic
30-06-06, 19:18
Chevy

Thanks for the lovely post.

As Piglet said I started this site as I was a sufferer and looked for help and couldn't find much so I thought I would write a website and get people to come to me.

It has helped me enormously with all the support I get and praise when I achieve things and encouragement.

I am sure we have the best forum and the best people out there.

Nicola