PDA

View Full Version : Week 9 on Fluoxetine....

JR35
18-03-12, 12:30
I've just passed the nine week mark on 20mg of fluoxetine. I'm still struggling to sleep past 4am and my appetite is poor. But....I think I feel a bit better. The anxiety recedes as the day goes on and the depression often lifts but not til later in the day. My question is this though, am I really feelin better, or just getting better at stemming the tears and pretending to my hubby and kids? On an evening I feel so positive and almost confident, then 4am rolls around and it's back to fighting my way back to the good feeling of the previous evening. I suppose I'm just looking for reassurance from others ahead of me of the road to recovery....

lizerie
18-03-12, 13:03
Hi JR35,
You might want to talk to your doctor about how you're feeling. I think the fluoxetine should be helping a little more than this after 9 weeks. It might be that you need a higher dose, or maybe switch to a different medicine.
Of course, I'm not a doctor! :) So I'd definitely recommend talking to a professional. I hope you're feeling better soon!

JR35
18-03-12, 13:33
Thanks Lizerie, my CPN suggested upping my dose to 40mg which I did for a couple of days but I was so sick and dizzy and I have two little boys to look after that I went back to the 20. We decided I would have to go the longer gentler route due to my Mam responsibilities. I do have times of enjoying things, ican read a book, or watch a film and enjoy them. I went out to a family meal last night and although I'm shattered today I was glad I went as it was the first social event I have managed since New Year.