PDA

View Full Version : Alternative to clomipramine

Wilburis
18-03-12, 16:18
Hi All

I havent been here since 2010! Finally got my medication right! Well, Clomipramine has been my lifesaver, the only problem is Ive put on 6 stone in 4 years! :ohmy:

Does anyone know of any alternative that will not make me put on more weight? :unsure:

Thanks for reading this and I hope you can help,

Lizzie67 x

dan1234
20-03-12, 17:17
Hi All

I havent been here since 2010! Finally got my medication right! Well, Clomipramine has been my lifesaver, the only problem is Ive put on 6 stone in 4 years! :ohmy:

Does anyone know of any alternative that will not make me put on more weight? :unsure:

Thanks for reading this and I hope you can help,

Lizzie67 x

Not overly helpful, but if it works stick with it.. A SNRI might be suitable.

LAURA48
12-04-12, 18:52
Tend to agree - finding the right med is a lifesaver - if it ain't broke don't fix it!

Obviously the weight issue is getting you down - could you try just cutting back - I know with myself I will go back to Slimming World which I find brilliant but want to get better first. Not overly helpful but stick with the med and then address the weight issue. Try and eat more fruit and veg, etc, I know easier said done!

Good luck

MrRedShirt
12-04-12, 18:54
Can I ask what you are on clomipramine for?

I have a friend who used it very well for OCD and he has since moved onto Paroxetine with success.

But I kind of agree, with Dan and Laura.. if it works, stick with it if you can, and possibly find other ways of dealing with the weight issue.

Wilburis
14-04-12, 15:11
hello there, im thankful for the replies! im on clomipramine for anxiety and panic attacks. its the only AD that has helped so far. ive tried loads of ssri's but they didnt help at all. thanks for your help xx