PDA

View Full Version : Small round "cigarrete burn" looking marks on chest, terrified (with pics)

MandySlade
18-03-12, 20:00
About 6 weeks ago or so I noticed a small round botch on my chest just above my belly button. I started to get worried, but tried to convince myself it was maybe just a scar from some rough clothing or otherwise "no big deal". Then, night before last, I notice ANOTHER one, same exact shape (perfectly round almost), size of a pencil eraser, just underneath my breast (which is why I didn't notice it previously.. I have no idea how long it's been there. It's hard for me to see myself unless I look in the mirror. They are both flat (which means no ringworm), non itchy, and vary during the day from reddish to almost brown. I'm -terrified- thinking this is either fast growing skin cancer (I read they can start out flat and slightly red/pink) or a symptom of some huge internal issue/disease. The skin isn't oozing or anything, it looks kind of a tad bit scaly or dry if anything. Here are some links to pics, but my phone camera kind of sucks.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v82/chryscat/a17e5b70.jpg

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v82/chryscat/c4df895e.jpg

I am so very scared.. but I can't afford to go to the Dr any time soon... :(

---------- Post added at 15:44 ---------- Previous post was at 15:39 ----------

here's one more from further away so it's not as blurry and so you can get an idea of size...
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v82/chryscat/0dcd7903.jpg

---------- Post added at 16:00 ---------- Previous post was at 15:44 ----------

I think I may need to stop posting here, because I've noticed whenever I get no responses, but a lot of views, I start completely panicking that it's because everyone thinks I'm screwed and no one wants to tell me.

Worried_Male
18-03-12, 20:03
Really wouldn't worry. Doesn't look like anything serious.

Just looks like skin pigmentation to me. Happens to all of us.

MandySlade
18-03-12, 20:11
but why so completely suddenly? and two of them... the exact same shape and (nearly) same size? :(

snowgoose
18-03-12, 20:21
Hi Mandy
honest I get this a lot .
I had psoriasis as a child ........and then it went . Every so often it reappears in small areas like your pic . and if left alone goes eventually .
It is harmless and will go away . I am no doc though so have to say if worried see physician and am not diagnosing xx
But get these blebs a lot all over sometimes . nothing to worry about in my opinion .
snow xxxx

Carys
18-03-12, 20:27
I think I may need to stop posting here, because I've noticed whenever I get no responses, but a lot of views, I start completely panicking that it's because everyone thinks I'm screwed and no one wants to tell me.

I'm certain that isn't the reason you are getting no replies, but lots of views. I suspect the reason is that people don't know what to say because you are asking a very specific medical question about something which isn't related to anxiety. I know you are very anxious about the circles/spots, and I'm really sorry Health Anxiety is very difficult to deal with, but it wouldn't be safe to make medical diagnoses.

sherylee xx
18-03-12, 20:47
i get these and they normaly just go on there own :) xx

mumtotwogirls
18-03-12, 20:58
Hi - not sure what the marks are but I'm sure they're not anything bad. The way you describe them as scaly sounds a bit like psoriasis? A friend of mine had it for a while and then it just went - Dr said it was stress related. I am having a complete panic tonight about my daughter! She's only 7 and after checking Google I think she has a shingles rash, but obviously I have read far too much into it than I should have! I'm sure yours is nothing to worry about though x

jo_jo
18-03-12, 22:19
Hey,try not to worry!Im training to be a nurse and get this myself,pretty sure its a mild case of ringworm,believe me its not nearly as bad as it sounds!You can catch it from animals or wood,like an old gate or fence(how I caught it).

Go to a chemist and they can give you some cream!Really doubt its anything serious!!

Hopefully this helps,keep calm and carry on :) xx

Worriedgirl87
19-03-12, 01:23
Omg i have this too!

nilepalace304
19-03-12, 07:22
I would agree with the other person, that they look a bit like ring worm to me. I have had it and it goes away in a week with cannestan anti fungal cream. Why dont you show it to the pharmacist before buying the cream. good luck

Em84
19-03-12, 18:23
Hey

I GET THOSE TOO!

Their weird and come up around the same place usually belly area...I have had them now and again on my arms too....they go after a while.....
Never asked what they are or thought anything of them....could be from feeling run down, change of weather effecting th skin...please don't worry....

If they don't go you can always see the GP..I never have though

X

pearl79
19-03-12, 18:58
looks like small scale exzema x does it itch ?

miss sparkle
19-03-12, 19:00
I think they look bit like ringworm? My son recently had it and looked similar. I honestly ennui think its anything serious or anything to worry about, maybe go chemist, could just be dry skin patches x

Worriedgirl87
19-03-12, 19:03
I have this on my thigh

hannah26
19-03-12, 20:26
Hey,try not to worry!Im training to be a nurse and get this myself,pretty sure its a mild case of ringworm,believe me its not nearly as bad as it sounds!You can catch it from animals or wood,like an old gate or fence(how I caught it).

Go to a chemist and they can give you some cream!Really doubt its anything serious!!

Hopefully this helps,keep calm and carry on :) xx

Thats exactly what I was going to say, I worked in a nursery and saw this alot with the children. x x

Worriedgirl87
20-03-12, 01:32
I wonder what it is

Em84
20-03-12, 07:10
Making me wonder now again now seeing worms.....lol...oh dear another thing to add to all the health problem list I have.....

Worriedgirl87
20-03-12, 08:55
I wonder what this is

MandySlade
21-03-12, 17:20
The only reason I don't think it's ringworm is it's not raised at all on the edges (or anywhere) and it doesn't itch at all. :/ Also, now they are less red and more brown .... almost freckle colored... *sigh*

wendypop
21-03-12, 17:40
Hi, im no doctor but it looks to me like it might be a type of psoriosis called gutate psoriosis. I had a bad flare up a couple of years ago and still get it now and it looks just like your pictures.

Cat80
21-03-12, 17:48
Looks like psoriasis, have these myself at the moment, loads of little ones on my arms and chest. Also have a huge one on the inside o my thigh.

It's caused my stress and will come and go when having flare ups. Nothing serious though

MandySlade
21-03-12, 17:57
Well, I've had psoriasis on my hairline and sometimes groin for 10 years. It's supposedly hair shaft related. I've never had any tiny round spots before though, doesn't feel or look the same as my mother. Uhg... I hope this is just a fluke and not a new skin saga... as I'm rather over my neck stuff. >_<

Worriedgirl87
21-03-12, 18:22
I have this on my thigh . I have no idea what is!

19gloriamai92
09-10-14, 06:11
I get the same exact things I had 2 at the same time never seen just one i had a set below my boobs that wasn't noticeable unless i looked slightly under my boobs again then there was another spot starting so 3 then went away and now recently noticed 2 more farther down below my bra line... was wondering if you ever found out what it might be caused by or what they are?

Fishmanpa
09-10-14, 12:45
No one can diagnose here as no one here is an expert nor can one even venture to guess from a bunch of blurry photos. If you're that concerned, see your GP. As far as a lack of responses, I agree with the previous poster. Your reaction to a lack of response is classic anxiety.

Positive thoughts