PDA

View Full Version : Terrified tonight

GirlAfraid23
18-03-12, 20:30
Been having constant urination urges all day and after eating have been experiencing excess gas and burping and it wont go away. Pelvic pain is also present.

So scared about ovarian cancer, why must we be plagued with these fears? Why must cancer exist at all? I have read online stories of women the same age as me being diagnosed (22 and 23) having a full hystarectomy (sp?) and not being able to have their own children.

I don't know what to do, i'm so scared of having a scan in case it comes up as a huge mass or advanced stage cancer.

I have so much going on at the moment this is just the icing on the cake.

charmcc123
18-03-12, 20:40
sounds like aniexty hun you seem to be over thinking hun try relaxing and my doc told me if we think about weeing loads we will do, are you drinking loads? my aniexty starts with weeing etc

joy
18-03-12, 20:45
Why dont you ring NHS direct for their advise 08454647 they are very helpful

Joy

kinnygirl1
18-03-12, 20:49
Not sure how to reassure you other than to say that the more you worry on an illness the more the symptons seem to be present! It really does sound like anxiety playing it's tricks on you. Hugs hun - I am terrified tonight with my aniexty too!

GirlAfraid23
18-03-12, 20:56
I could call nhs direct but it isn't an emergency and also not sure they can advise on cancer over the phone.

I know anxiety is present but surely you can have anxiety and get ill?

What are the chances of me having ovarian cancer at 22?

kinnygirl1
18-03-12, 21:04
Not sure of the stats but would think very very low.

joy
18-03-12, 21:07
NHS arent only for emergencies they are there for reassurance and help
I've always found them very good

Joy

GirlAfraid23
18-03-12, 21:28
I'm extremely worried. The dull dragging pain in both sides is very worrying.
The only symptom I don't seem to have is bloated and loss of appetite

---------- Post added at 21:28 ---------- Previous post was at 21:25 ----------

Thanks guys for yor help btw.
I just wish Google didn't exist and everytime i open a magazine/watch tv there is something about cancer and hidden symptoms.

joy
18-03-12, 21:33
Just Ring them to get reassurance

Joy

Much better than DR google

mumtotwogirls
18-03-12, 21:50
Hi - please dont worry too much. I think it's unlikely at your age, I had (and still have) similar symptoms to you and it's just my anxiety making my IBS worse. I had blood tests and even a scan and there was nothing there, I am 43 so older than you and my Doctor thought it was unlikely even at my age. Not that I was convinced by any of this, I know what its like to worry and not be able to get something out of your head or I wouldn't be on here! I think that anxiety can have a very bad affect on your stomach and intestines, go and have a word with your Doctor for some reassurance. xx

---------- Post added at 21:50 ---------- Previous post was at 21:47 ----------

By the way, I have the same problem with needing to urinate as well. Apparently Irritable Bowel can also cause Irritable Bladder and both are made worse by anxiety. Also if you have a dragging pain and needing to go to the toilet it may just be a bit of Cystitus.xx

kinnygirl1
18-03-12, 22:16
I'm extremely worried. The dull dragging pain in both sides is very worrying.
The only symptom I don't seem to have is bloated and loss of appetite

---------- Post added at 21:28 ---------- Previous post was at 21:25 ----------

Thanks guys for yor help btw.
I just wish Google didn't exist and everytime i open a magazine/watch tv there is something about cancer and hidden symptoms.

You don't have to thank us- we are all here for each other :hugs:

I think once you have a particular worry in mind you seem to see it everywhere, don't you? Prob just our anxious minds homing in on it.

jaynehal
18-03-12, 22:42
Hi sorry you are having these thoughts ha is horrible, I've had health anxiety for years and since last oct 2011 I've had all these symptoms you are describing and I can assure you it is all anxiety I suffer with frequent urination every day and ibs and my doc says these are connected, I just wanted to let you know your not on your own and like other people have said the risk of you having anything serious is very low and I personally think you'll be fine :) need to stop thinking it's serious and do not google lol.
Jayne xxx