PDA

View Full Version : Hello!

LadyAnne
18-03-12, 21:50
I just wanted to introduce myself. My name is Anne and I am 22 years old. I started having panic attacks at the age of 17 and was officially diagnosed with panic disorder at the age of 18. I am at uni and am currently studying abroad in France for the year which was a HUGE step/improvement from what I had been going through. However, I seem to notice the same sort of phobias here as back home. I just build myself a little bubble here and go everywhere with the other Erasmus students and therefore feel like I'm not really improving :weep: I miss my therapist at home who had really been helping me with cognitive exercises.

Anyway, that was a long introduction, but I'm hoping to meet other people out there who can understand what I suffer on a daily basis and just have a safe "place" where I can go when I'm having a rough time. Thanks :)

nomorepanic
18-03-12, 21:51
Hi LadyAnne

A huge warm welcome to nmp.

You'll get loads of advice and support here and make some lovely friends along the way.

Best wishes

Pipkin
18-03-12, 22:31
Hi Anne and a big, warm :welcome:

I know you'll find lots of people here who share your experiences and that you'll also be able to give a lot to others.

I spent a year abroad studying too - it was the best experience of my life. Enjoy every minute of it!

Take care and keep posting

Pip xx