PDA

View Full Version : I reacted badly to Zoloft. Activation syndrome.

TillySm
18-03-12, 23:40
Please see my post - "http://www.nomorepanic.co.uk/showthread.php?p=962844#post962844".

Just to keep in the back of your mind.

nomorepanic
18-03-12, 23:43
Why not just bump that thread back up?

blue moon
18-03-12, 23:45
Yes Tilly Zoloft is not good drug.I know a lad who had suicide thoughts on this nasty drug,a lot of Doc's do not prescribe it now.Hope you are on road to feelinf better
Petra xx

cathycrumble
19-03-12, 21:16
OMG! Talk about scaremongering people. I am on it 50mg ermm no suicidal thoughts never had them. I have had really bad side effects with prozac and cit and it says all this on the leaflets. I have been fine on with Sert touch wood.

Also all antidepressents can caurse problems with some people It's the luck of the draw.

Ok so the sert was no good for you both but that doesn't mean to say that it is not going to work for the other 98% who take it.

I feel that when people suffer with anxiety and depression thay are trying to get better and they dont need to hear negativity. about a drug when their gp or psyc has perscribed it. People on here have enough to worry about.

:mad:

Ingenious
19-03-12, 21:52
I totally agree with cathycrumble, this is just scaremongering and not helpful to those already terrified about taking new medication. The truth is a lot of people get some bad side effects from taking these medications, but this is now being portrayed as some major problem that everyone "should" be aware of when in fact it isn't a major problem. It is only an issue for a small percentage of people.

Look at all the posts we get each week from people about to start medication and then have second thoughts because of what they have read here. Is putting people off medication and frightening them like this really actually helping people?

By all means people should be free to voice an opinion or post their experiences good or bad, that's what a forum is for. But I do think as a community we should be more caring and mindful of whether our post content is helpful and reassuring to those that need it.

Scared_11
19-03-12, 22:24
I agree since reading this post this morning I have felt terrified of taking my medication. I am on about day 24 and havnt had many side effects.

My anxiety and OCD focuses on my mental health and I have been a lot better the last few weeks then after reading this thread today all my fears have came back.

Taking medication is a very scary thing for some people and negative posts do not help. I understand that we need to be aware of side effects and monitor how we are doing on them. But that is what our gps are there for.

cathycrumble
19-03-12, 22:31
Scared 11 that is why I reacted the way I did. It is not right to say these things when the likes of you and I are taking this medication.

You are dooing good and I am so happy for you keep it up:yesyes:

I am feeling ok also I take each day when starting meds I have never took them before untill I had a few domestic problems in sep 2010. but I have had to go on cit then prozac and they didnt agree with me as SE weren't good on those drugs but that is not to say they are not going to help others.

I couln't have put it better that ingenious.

So keep taking your meds as I am doing

I am so angry that you have been feeling so good the last couple of weeks and then today you have to read that and it has spoilt your day. Well don't let it anymore. Enjoy the rest of your night.

good luck

Cathy xx

haz
19-03-12, 23:00
I totally agree with cathycrumble, this is just scaremongering and not helpful to those already terrified about taking new medication. The truth is a lot of people get some bad side effects from taking these medications, but this is now being portrayed as some major problem that everyone "should" be aware of when in fact it isn't a major problem. It is only an issue for a small percentage of people.

Look at all the posts we get each week from people about to start medication and then have second thoughts because of what they have read here. Is putting people off medication and frightening them like this really actually helping people?

By all means people should be free to voice an opinion or post their experiences good or bad, that's what a forum is for. But I do think as a community we should be more caring and mindful of whether our post content is helpful and reassuring to those that need it.

Yes, I agree. Some people should "think before they speak"!

Haz

TillySm
20-03-12, 01:20
To Scared_11, Cathycrumble, Ingenious and Haz.

I do not care if I get booted from this forum for saying this - although I really like this forum and have been helped by the supportive comments and I like to support others if I can so it would be a shame. But I need to stick up for myself on this matter.

This is THE SECOND time I have been flamed for posting a post. The first post about my unfounded theory on mixo was fair enough (which I believed at the time). But this second post about my activation syndrome IS NOT SCAREMONGERING IT IS RELATING MY PERSONAL RARE EXPERIENCE WITH ZOLOFT. If you actually READ what I said instead of being Scared and flaming me AGAIN. You would NOTE that I said what it says in the pubmed article - that this is rare and happens in less than 4 percent of people who take this med and it IS REVERSIBLE. Are you so scared of everything you read on the net that you are scared to walk outside?

I related my experience FOR THE BENEFIT OF ANYONE WHO WOULD HAVE GONE THROUGH WHAT I DID SO THEY KNEW WHAT WAS HAPPENING. I WISH someone posted this when I went through it. Haz, STOP flaming me and leave me alone. If you don't like me or my posts please don't comment.

What good is a forum if you are TOO AFRAID TO POST YOUR EXPERIENCE AND THOUGHTS BECAUSE YOU MIGHT STEP ON A HEALTH ANXIETY SUFFERERS TOES?

End of rant. I think my rant was fair enough. I am sick of being hated upon and flamed. The post about SSRI activation syndrome was for people's benefit in case it ever happens to them so they can simply bring it up with their pdoc and try another SSRI. Fair enough?

Sorry if I offended anyone although I meant what I said.

blue moon
20-03-12, 02:22
Tilly.You did not offend me.I have access to research on this drug please do not let this stop you from posting,as we all have voice.take care
Petra x:)

TillySm
20-03-12, 06:17
Thank you Petra, I really appreciate it :). This whole zoloft thing has been traumatic for me I am edgy from it all. But I am starting on Prozac again next week - It was the one that worked really well for me so fingers crossed!

Regards,

Tilly

blue moon
20-03-12, 06:25
thank you Tilly.:hugs:I hope the Prozac works well again for you.I am in Townsville are you in QLD?
Petra x

Mo B
20-03-12, 08:51
Hi Cathy.

Hope you are well today.

I agree with what you have said. I also am now feeling worse and i think its the thought of that post that has done it. I didnt even read it properly as I know it will really upset me if i do. When you are in the early weeks its hard enough without hearing horrible stories. I have just put a post on my earlier thread and to be honest This is possibly why Im feeling like this at the moment.

Hope you had a nice weekend in Yorkshire. Althjough I was dreading Mothers Day when the family came to visit(sounds horrible doesnt it ,Im normally so happy to see them) BUT I was ok and enjoyed the day without any anxiety !. Seem to be back a few steps today . Just want to be my old easy going self!!

TillySm
20-03-12, 09:29
Hi Blue moon :), I am in Canberra - what is the weather like in Townsville? Such a lovely place to live. I would love to go for a holiday there one day,

-Tilly

Mo B, Hope you feel yourself again soon..

cathycrumble
20-03-12, 11:36
To Scared_11, Cathycrumble, Ingenious and Haz.

I do not care if I get booted from this forum for saying this - although I really like this forum and have been helped by the supportive comments and I like to support others if I can so it would be a shame. But I need to stick up for myself on this matter.

This is THE SECOND time I have been flamed for posting a post. The first post about my unfounded theory on mixo was fair enough (which I believed at the time). But this second post about my activation syndrome IS NOT SCAREMONGERING IT IS RELATING MY PERSONAL RARE EXPERIENCE WITH ZOLOFT. If you actually READ what I said instead of being Scared and flaming me AGAIN. You would NOTE that I said what it says in the pubmed article - that this is rare and happens in less than 4 percent of people who take this med and it IS REVERSIBLE. Are you so scared of everything you read on the net that you are scared to walk outside?

I related my experience FOR THE BENEFIT OF ANYONE WHO WOULD HAVE GONE THROUGH WHAT I DID SO THEY KNEW WHAT WAS HAPPENING. I WISH someone posted this when I went through it. Haz, STOP flaming me and leave me alone. If you don't like me or my posts please don't comment.

What good is a forum if you are TOO AFRAID TO POST YOUR EXPERIENCE AND THOUGHTS BECAUSE YOU MIGHT STEP ON A HEALTH ANXIETY SUFFERERS TOES?

End of rant. I think my rant was fair enough. I am sick of being hated upon and flamed. The post about SSRI activation syndrome was for people's benefit in case it ever happens to them so they can simply bring it up with their pdoc and try another SSRI. Fair enough?

Sorry if I offended anyone although I meant what I said.

Well I could say the same about Prozac because that was horendous for me and a couple of others on here.

It's side effects and we read them ourselves when we get the meds it's our decision whether we take them or not.

If you have been hated upon and flamed (your words) maybe you should just think before you write anything on here. My rant over.

Cathy

haz
20-03-12, 15:20
I could also say the same of a particular ssri started with P but I will not be drawn into "scaremongering" like the OP!

As I I've said before on this forum one person's nightmare drug is another person's saviour!

I have nothing further to add to this thread. :)

blue moon
21-03-12, 03:58
Hi Tilly.Townsville at moment is like cyclone went through the place.My husband is thinking next year heading back to Canberra,we live there when first come from Iran.you are quite welcome to visit us up in the tropics.
Petra x:D

TillySm
21-03-12, 08:07
Thanks Petra, when I do come up that way I would love to catch up and say hi :). If you guys happen to come to Canberra please come and say hi here too!

-Tilly