PDA

View Full Version : Eye worries back AGAIN

miniholly
18-03-12, 23:45
Hi,
I was doing SO well with dealing with my Health Anxiety that I haven't had a single worry about my health for nearly 3 months now after getting on anti-d's and learning to calm down and talk to people about my worries.
My last major worry was about my eyesight, I kept on going to the opticians about my eyes as I was convinced I had a retinal detachment. I kept getting "new symptoms" every week but once I calmed down they soon went away, they've all pretty much gone apart from I sometimes get flashes of light in my eyes in the dark before I go to sleep, its weird because its not all the time just sometimes.
I've been checked over with my eyes countless times this year and my opticians have said I have perfectly healthy retinas, however for some reason the fear of getting a retina detachment is coming back and I'm so upset.
I've had these flashes for nearly 3 months now and they're not every night just sometimes.
Anyone else have anything like this? I'm so scared again and feel so alone :weep:

and_y
19-03-12, 00:43
I also suffer from this and have done for a number of years im unsre what it is exactly but i also have had an eye test recently which was fine so the fact that we both suffer from this and both our eye tests were fine suggests it prob nothing to worry about im sure the opticians would be the first to find any problems.