PDA

View Full Version : Hi Jo, Sarah, Nic, Gill, CharlieB, & everyone...

Peanut61
09-09-03, 13:37
Hello. I'm new here, but, unfortunately, I'm not to anxiety/panic. I just had to tell you how impressed I was with all of you after reading the 'anger management course' topic. Wow, Jo & Sarah = I admire what you guys are doing so much, and Nicola = this is such a great site that you have, and to the others on there who had such great input; I just really want to try to get to know you better. I have had agoraphobia now for over a year, and I've never felt so hopeful about reading someones' posts, step by step, as they are going thru it!! Thank you, I am so grateful, and I hope you don't mind if I start coming here often = I really think I could learn a lot. Sincerely, Peanut [:I]

Meg
09-09-03, 14:12
Hi Peanut,

Welcome to the site. I'm sure you will find it of great benefit and support.

The chat room wakes up from about 9pm..... You'll be very welcome there too.

If you have any questions or just want to vent or share then we're ready to listen to you.

Good luck in your recovery

Meg

nomorepanic
09-09-03, 17:16
Hi Peanut

Thanks for your kind words and Welcome to the site. You can post as many messages as you like on here :-)

May catch up with you in the chat room - like Radar said most people are in there after 9pm (UK time).

Good to see you.

Nicola

sarah
09-09-03, 18:48
Hi Peanut
I avoided so many thigs that I bacame virtually agoraphobic for about 6 months earlier this year. This site has been one of the things that has helped me out of it by reading others problems and realising i wasnt the only one. Also the anxiety management course helped me greatly.
Irs great that you have found Nic's site amd it would be really great to see you in the chat room sometime!!!
Sarah
xxx

Peanut61
10-09-03, 05:38
Thank you for your replies, Radar, Nicola, & Sarah!!:)I checked in with the chat earlier this evening, but no one was about yet. What time is it in the States when it is evening in the UK? I should know this, but, duh, I don't.[:I][:I] Today I went to the gym and worked out. I have just started to be able to go anywhere at all in the last two weeks - have been there 4 times, but nowhere else yet. It's a big start though, so I feel good about it. After a year of the agoraphobia, I'm ready to start getting back out if possible. I'm going to try to go again tomorrow, and am scheduled to meet with a trainer on Thursday. I hope you all are doing well. I will check in again, soon. Warmly, Peanut [8D][:p]:)

Shelley
10-09-03, 15:18
Hi Peanut

Sounds like you're on the right track, your progress is fantastic - I always try and think that most of us have some form of agraphobia / claustraphobia that way we dont feel so singled out - also panic effects everyone, it just effects some of us a lot worse I couldnt believe how many people admitted to me that they had suffered or are still suffering. I know it's a big scary world out there but there are a lot of caring people if you do feel a little bit anxious just call a friend - the voice at the other end usually helps take your mind off whats happening, trust me it works.

x Keep up the good work

x Shell

Shell

Jo
10-09-03, 18:48
Hi Peanut! You are soooooo welcome! This site has helped me lots - just to know that there are other people like myself!

Look forward to chatting to you at some point

Jo xxx

bishop
14-09-03, 17:12
hi peanut
whats the time diffrents from the usa to uk is it 5hours out their diffrent areas have diffrent times hope too meet you in there
bish

Peanut61
14-09-03, 21:45
(((Shelley, Jo, Bishop))) = Thank you! I live in the western part of the U.S., so I'm thinking it would be 8 hours difference, (had to count this on my fingers - lol); hopefully, I'll catch up with you in chat if I hit it about 1:00p.m.(ish :)) my time. Warmest regards, and, again, I am really enjoying it here = you guys are terrific!

HI FROM PEANUT! http://www.harrythecat.com/graphics/w/dog15.gif

bishop
17-09-03, 17:18
hi peanuts
i do love the dog peanuts,it puts a smile on my face,every time i see it , still would not know where the western part u.s. is ,england is so small to the u.s.a.take care now.
bish