PDA

View Full Version : Quiet pulse and loud pulse

Breatheon
28-06-06, 09:08
Hi

Over the last few days I’ve noticed that sometimes my pulse can feel very hard (when I check it on my wrist) and other times it is very soft and I struggle to find it.

Both types happen when I’m at rest. This resulted in a mini panic attack last night when I’d been dozing and was woken by a loud noise and then when I tried to check my pulse I couldn’t feel anything for a while.

Am I the only one or does anyone else have this, I would be interested to know!!!

Many thanks

Chris

emma chant
28-06-06, 11:31
Hi Chris,
Your not alone i've had that before,but havn't had it lately.
If your worried then go to the doctors to check it out.
xx

e chant

**whenwillthisend**
28-06-06, 11:39
im like this too..to be honest i worry when i can feel it too much and worry when its faint and slow...i even start jumping around or something just so i can feel it stronger then start worrying again.....MAD...just dont check it so much there is nothing wrong(thats what i keep telling myself)...if worried have a chat with your doctor

giddy
28-06-06, 17:32
Hi Chris
I went through a stage where I was constantly checking my pulse - sometimes it was strong and sometimes impossible to find. Sometimes it seemed to disappear when I was in the middle of counting or jump around - fast to slow. I'm sure a lot of it was all in my mind. I had to really force myself to stop checking it and I don'yt worry about it now.
Try and stop checking your pulse beacuse your heart is strong and doing its job well so there isn't a problem with your pulse:D
Love Helen

Breatheon
28-06-06, 22:38
Thanks everyone for the comments, it is always nice to know I'm not alone which is the wonderful thing about this website.

:D to Helen, I can identify with doing all of these and must try and stop, although have been experiencing a few chest jumps tonight and have been holding wrist to see if they match them. AAGGHHH!!!!!!!

Two heads
29-06-06, 09:55
Hi chris!
I went through a stage also of checking my pulse.I just kept thinking about my heart all the time,still do sometimes!
Infact my heart beating fast sent me into panick sat night so i no how you feel.Its like giddy said you have to force yourself to stop checking.xxx

hunny
30-06-06, 09:20
Hiya

I have this loads and i panic about it every time

Its seems to be normal as a lot of us have it

Easier said than done when told not to worry about it though huh?!
Love
Hunny x