PDA

View Full Version : After some reassurance (Headaches, Dizzyness)

AaronB
19-03-12, 10:25
Hi Everyone,

I'm just after some reassurance really.

I'm SURE this is just anxiety but hearing your opinions and probable similar experiences will help.

For the last 4 days I've had this hovering headache, and typically the more I think about it the more intense it gets. And if I completely distract myself like playing guitar or something it feels ALOT better.

However this morning the I still have a really heavy and kind of fuzzy head, coupled with feeling dizzy like low blood sugar kind of feeling.

I have phoned my GP, who is always really helpful, spoke to her on the phone and she has said ok come and see me today an I'll check you out, whereas the receptionist initially said I couldn't see her until a week wednesday. So of course now I think that the GP is worried and it's something serious!

Any advice welcome...

Aaron

Just to add, it's also really not helping that I have workmen here this morning and could REALLY do with being on my own and trying to relax!

sherylee xx
19-03-12, 11:17
hey hun dont be worried receptionists have a timetable of available appointments which they cant move around etc where as a gp can like when i rang once the receptionist said there was no appointments available so i asked for a doctor to call me back and when she did she gave me an app that day so dont worry :) xx

AaronB
19-03-12, 11:47
hey hun dont be worried receptionists have a timetable of available appointments which they cant move around etc where as a gp can like when i rang once the receptionist said there was no appointments available so i asked for a doctor to call me back and when she did she gave me an app that day so dont worry :) xx

Thanks Sherylee, that's made me feel better! :blush:

Anyone relate to the headaches/heavy/fuzzy head and dizzyness?

I've had anxiety for a while now and this has caught me out :(

hannahd9
19-03-12, 12:48
iv had this done with me many times, at one point i was being tested for cervical cancer, and they changed my dates about 3 times to an earlyer app, at this point i was out of my head with worry, thinking that they knew somthing that i didnt!
all in all everything was ok, and the dr apologized about the dates and times, its just the fact some people cancel etc so everyone behind them has to get moved forward. i hope the drs app helped you :)

AaronB
19-03-12, 13:25
iv had this done with me many times, at one point i was being tested for cervical cancer, and they changed my dates about 3 times to an earlyer app, at this point i was out of my head with worry, thinking that they knew somthing that i didnt!
all in all everything was ok, and the dr apologized about the dates and times, its just the fact some people cancel etc so everyone behind them has to get moved forward. i hope the drs app helped you :)

Haven't been yet, not there til 3.30, headache and dizzyness has gone for now I just know it will be back!

ben_jamzin
19-03-12, 13:35
Hello,

I can relate to this headache/dizziness thing, had that feeling for months, however after getting some tests done (which were ok) I have come to terms with it, which actually reduces the physical symptoms. As for the headaches, I hit my head about a week ago and have had headaches which feel like tightness, and like yours tend to come and go, and like yours often depend on my mood and how much attention I give to them. For example I visited the gym earlier and didn't feel the headaches then.

Having hit my head I went to the doctor today at the best hospital I could find (currently reside in china) and got a ct scan (for about a tenner!). Everything ok, even have a copy myself to assure me.

I wish that many websites talking about brain tumor, bleeding and hematomas would post some statistics on there, these things are so rare, and most of the time you really do know about it if something is wrong. If the headache isn't constant and isn't significantly painful and you don't have other symptoms then chill, visit the doctor and get some reassurance - even if you are referred for a test don't worry, it will likely just be precautionary, hope this helps

AaronB
19-03-12, 22:56
Thanks for the replies...

To update this, I saw my GP, and she tested my blood pressure which she said was perfect, listened to my heartbeat, again perfectly normal, listened to my lungs, normal again (you can see where this is going lol), looked into my ears, normal, and then did the shiny light in eyes thing for pupil dialation. All perfectly normal.

She assured me that I am perfectly fine. She is the best GP I've ever had to be honest.

So I feel alot better now, and the headache has significantly reduced so thats good.

CBT session on Wednesday so have written it all down to discuss with my therapist.

Beyonderz
19-03-12, 23:18
There is nothing to worry about Aaron, those are very common in anxiety related issues. All of us experience such dizzy feeling, lightheaded feeling and tension headaches. No need to worry, just try to focus on other things when you experience those.
Feel well soon :)