PDA

View Full Version : I'm new.

EverythingIsAlright
19-03-12, 13:59
Hey, I'm EverythingIsAlright. This name because of one of my favorite bands, Motion City Soundtrack, has a song with this title, and I relate to some of the lyrics:

(...)
Cause I hate the ocean, theme parks and airplanes,
Talking with strangers, waiting in line..
(...)
"Are you feeling fine?"
Yes, I feel just fine.
(...)
I'm sick of the things I do when I'm nervous
(...)
counting the number of tiles in the ceiling
(...)
I used to rely on self-medication,
I guess I still do that from time to time.

Well, hi. I've come to a point that my mind has taken over my life and I have to talk a lot about it to cope - I've started to go to a psychologist in February but it's only the beginning of a long road...

I have bathophobia, social phobia, agoraphobia, stage fright (which is BAD since I'm a musician)... I'm scared of spiders, wasps, the dark, anything I don't know/trust... I'm afraid of getting critique, I'm afraid of the future, and my mind sometimes makes reality even scarier than a nightmare. I have a very slight mysophobia, and have some traits of high-functioning autism, ocd, bipolar disorder, borderline disorder, etc... But I'm not diagnosed for any of these things (yet). I suffer from some sort of depression, but also have good moments.

I have been anxious for all my life, and get panic attacks and sometimes hyperventilate. I don't remember what it's like to be carefree, and I can't imagine feeling that way ever again.

I'm the only one I know who has all this, specially for my age (20), so I hope to find like-minded people on this forum. :)

diane07
19-03-12, 14:01
Hi EverythingIsAlright

We just wanted to welcome you aboard to NMP. We hope you enjoy your stay here and get all the support and advice you need.

Please take some time to read the website articles on the left as well for loads of advice and tips.

Pipkin
19-03-12, 18:42
Hi there and :welcome:

Pip xx