PDA

View Full Version : OCD/Depression

SummerBaby
19-03-12, 14:25
Hi everyone...:blush:

Not really sure where to start here tbh! There looks like there's alot to read here!

Anyway a little about me...

I've had 'OCD' now since my early teens, i'm now 26, but, managed to 'take control' of it when i was about 15...its never 'gone away' so to speak, but i've just basically managed to live with it, without it taking over my day to day life like it did when i was younger! But, it seems to be rearing its ugly head again a little worse, and on top of that i just feel really frikkin down... Kinda seems as tho I'm constantly irritable, sore, anxious, worried, paranoid....just lots of things rolled into one!

Seen my GP last week, she was lovely and has put me on a course of Fluoxetine (20mg) and she has referred me to a counsellor!

I guess i'm just here to talk to others who feel the same, or are living with OCD....maybe then i won't feel so crazy! :wacko:

nomorepanic
19-03-12, 14:27
Hi SummerBaby

We just wanted to welcome you aboard to NMP. We hope you enjoy your stay here and get all the support and advice you need.

Please take some time to read the website articles on the left as well for loads of advice and tips.

Pipkin
19-03-12, 18:41
Hi there and a warm :welcome:

I'm sure you'll find loads of members here who share your experience and that you'll find it comforting to see that you're not alone.

Take care and keep posting

Pip xx

SummerBaby
19-03-12, 19:40
Thanks Pip! I'm looking forward to getting to know people here! I think the whole thing about any type of mental illness is knowing there are people to talk to x