PDA

View Full Version : Possible IBS

maverick11
19-03-12, 14:47
Hello all,
I seem to have this stomach problem, I have had it since I started sertraline, but now back on citalopram. I saw my GP and he said its IBS. The problem I have is that I appear to be full of gas in my stomach. I can have days when I am hungry, but other days when I dont feel hungry just gassy. I eat because I have to eat, but dont really have that hungry feeling. I have been given some tablets by the dr, and hey seem to get the gas out, but I still dont fel that hungry. Has anyone had this before and if so please let me know what it is.
Regards
Patrick

and_y
19-03-12, 18:25
I had something similar at the turn of the year the doc seems to think it was ether an intestinal infection which can take months to recover completely or gastritis which can also take a number of weeks to shift i would stick to the tablets and see if the hunger will come back in time also if you are worrying i would ether phone the docs or pop in and talk it over.

maverick11
19-03-12, 18:30
Thank you for your help. I have been like this now for a while now. If it does not clear up properly I will go to docs again. I have got some blood tests to have on wednesday.
Regards
Patrick

pearl79
19-03-12, 19:01
sounds very much like ibs.... dont doubt your doctor cuz you will end up causing your self unessecery worry x