PDA

View Full Version : Newbie needing help

dphs2012
19-03-12, 17:09
Hi all, I have wanted to join this site for a while but never did for various reasons, anyway hear I am so thankyou in advance for even reading this. I have suffered health anxiety now for about 4 years on and off, it will appear for about 6 months then dissapear for about 6 months - I have had cbt therapy and it worked for a while, basically it is back with avengance - my problem at the moment is a shooting pain Im getting in my right shoulder, lasts for a few seconds every couple of hours, i have no other pain any where. I cant stop thinking that this is the start of a heart attack, im driving myself crazy now, cant relax pacing the room etc thinking of going to A&E although im being strong at the moment I know as soon as night time comes ill be worse and wanting a doctor. (Im always worse at night) This isnt a heart attack is it?

thank you all and sorry for the long post.
By the way im 31 year old male, due to anxiety I have had loads of chest x rays,ecg's blood tests, heart monitors and nothing ever been found

pearl79
19-03-12, 17:13
ur fine, i have been havin the same thing xx

kinnygirl1
19-03-12, 20:43
Welcome - I am the same _ I see every twinge as a sign that I have something wrong with my heart. Have also had some tests done and nothing found - (except that I have coeliac's disease which doesn't have a lot to do with the heart) - so no nearer to having an answer other than that it's anxiety! Its frustrating and I hate myself for worrying but I can't help it. You are so not alone with this.

dphs2012
19-03-12, 21:41
Welcome - I am the same _ I see every twinge as a sign that I have something wrong with my heart. Have also had some tests done and nothing found - (except that I have coeliac's disease which doesn't have a lot to do with the heart) - so no nearer to having an answer other than that it's anxiety! Its frustrating and I hate myself for worrying but I can't help it. You are so not alone with this.

Thank you, it is nice knowing there are people out there that understand - the amount of weird looks I get sometimes when I try to explain how i feel is quite amusing