PDA

View Full Version : anxiety, loss of appitite, malnutriton

imcrazy
19-03-12, 19:52
I don't each much at all because I feel too "sick" to eat and to anxious. Anyone feel the same?

pearl79
19-03-12, 20:00
i did when i was havin a really bad spell.. lost 19lb in 3 months.... its hard i know but i got thru and there was no way i thought i was goin to xxxx

Kellybobz
19-03-12, 20:04
Hi im currently going through hell with my health anxiety and GAD, i too cannot eat and if i try to force myself to eat something light like cereal i gag/heave straight away. I have had this before and it is normal in heightened states of anxiety. Im on a low dose of diazepam at the minute and this is helping. i know i will be able to eat again but its awful whilst waiting to feel better. I hope you feel better soon hun. Just try to drink smoothies if you can until you can stomach food, thts what i do x

bottleblond
19-03-12, 20:24
It stands to reason that the last thing we want to do when we are anxious is eat. I lost so much weight a few years back, it actually added to my symptoms which in addition, made my anxiety so much worse.

I know it's easier said than done but please try to eat little but often. Don't even attempt to sit down to a big meal because that would just be impossible and the more you have on the plate, the less likely you are to eat.

Food with a slower energy release is good because although you have eaten (which is a good thing) it also continues to release energy for some time afterwards. Eg....Cereals, fruit, whole grain breads and crackers etc.

Someone explained to me when i was going through this that our body is like a car, if you don't put fuel in a car then the car won't function. It's the same with our bodies. If we keep it topped up then it will function better and if our body is working properly then our mind will follow.

I completely understand this one and really hope things improve for you.

Take care
Lisa
x