PDA

View Full Version : Day 3..............and feeling pretty rough!

chrissie125
19-03-12, 20:19
Day 3 of taking cit 20mg and im feeling pretty rough...............
Has anyone else suffered with all there body aching, i can only describe it as like your coming down with the flu!, headaches like no ones business and so tired and spaced out...............
I hope these drugs are worth it lol

anowlwithknees
20-03-12, 00:26
Hi Chrissie,

The first three day for me were so rough I had to halve my dose to 10mg, I was so dizzy I thought I would fall over and I would shake and be sore like no other. I was so spaced out I felt like nothing was real. After about 2 days on 10mg I began feeling much better. I would ay if you dont start feeling better in a few days simply ask your doc if you can take 10mg for a bit and gradually build up to 20. Although now that I have been at 10mg for about a week, I am doing great and kinda feel like I will stay at 10mg. This is my second go around with citalopram and it has always made me feel incredible, so hopefully they will do the same for you! Its definetly forth a rough week or two for the benefits, I promise!

Kendra
20-03-12, 08:54
Morning Chrissie,

I agree with Owl. I have been on 10mg for 20 days today and have started feeling much better. Still had SE's but they weren't as bad. I had an appointment with GP last night and they are keeping me on 10mg as it has been working ok.

It will be worth it in the end I am starting to come out of it. I do however have a cause for feeling so ill so hopefully when the cause has been taken away I feel back to my normal self!!

Speak to your GP and ask about lowering it!

Take care and let us know how you get on!!

x x x

kestral
20-03-12, 09:03
yes theres loads of side effects before it settles into your system but stay with it, if your starting on 20mg it may be a little to much as 10mg is still loaded but more comfortable to deal with.

Ingenious
20-03-12, 09:03
Hang in there Chrissie. These side effects are temporary and although unpleasant will pass. You should find you'll start to pick up in a few days, as others have said speak to your GP if you need reassurance. There's lots of us here who have been through this who can confirm things will get better :)

Lost_L
24-03-12, 09:43
Hi Chrissie,
Hang in there cos I would say that for me citalopram is totally worth it. I'm just starting week seven and have seen a big improvement in myself. Hope you start to feel better soon. If you are struggling too much maybe take 10mg until you're used to it and then up your dose? That's how I did it and didn't suffer too many side effects.
Good luck :) x