PDA

View Full Version : Having a Panic Attack!

Em84
20-03-12, 14:09
Hi Guys

I'm having a panic attack the first in about 2 months....I'm so fed up with this now...I know it's a panic attack it's been going in for about 30 mins so far....

Racing Heartbeat
Lightheaded like I'm gonna pass out
Tingling
Chocking sensation
Visual disturbance.

Gotta pick my son up from school soon and I'm totally panicking thinking I'm gonna have a heart attack...

I've been having constant SINUS PROBLEMS since beginning of December which again this morning became really bad....after spending hours feeling like I'm drunk has obv taken it's toll....

I feel so tired....

Why do we panic for no reason....my health anxiety recently has been about my heart because of the sinus related symptoms i keep thinking my heart is failing to pump enough oxygen to my head which is why I'm always dizzy etc etc....

It's a vicious circle....

Rach29
20-03-12, 14:17
Hope your ok is there anyone who can pick your son up for you theres nothing worse than havin a bad day andd have to go out try to calm down, distract yourself you know its a panic attack it wont hurt you but keep thinking positive thoughts with it you are fine your heart is fine you just need to relax have you been to the docs about your sinus problems?

Em84
20-03-12, 14:23
I've been to the doctors sooooo many times since December and every time I mention sinus it's like they change the sunbject and say oh it's a virus...

It's def sinus though, I was on a 7day antibiotic course last week and it was getting better..I finished the pills Friday and now Tuesday it's bad again. Si us infections take about 3-4 courses to clear.

I'm gonna have to go back to him again, last week the nasal muck was thick and clear like jelly...now it's the same but more yellow again...worse in the mornings...problem is that nice doctors say you have anxiety it's like you are talking nonsense if you know what I mean?

Unfortunately I am the only person who can pick him up...gonna leave early so I can take a slow walk as I don't want the heartbeat to race up again....

Xxx

---------- Post added at 14:23 ---------- Previous post was at 14:22 ----------

3-4 weeks....was meant to say

Rach29
20-03-12, 14:39
ah well just try to calm down if im feelin panicky and im picking my kids up i take things like sweets, drinks, my phone to play a game just to keep myself distracted and hope your doctor gives you something to clear it properly i wasnt well last week and had panic attacks coz i let my mind tell me its something serious its horrible you just have to try and be strong and try not to let it get to you try to stop your mind thinking these horrible thoughts hope you feel better soon x

Em84
20-03-12, 14:42
Thank you Rach....

Let's hope they find a way of curing this nightmare of a thing, I never used to worry about my health....

Xxx