PDA

View Full Version : Can I go back on Cit without seeing doc?

mashedbanana
20-03-12, 15:47
Hi all

I was on Citalopram from April 2010-Feb 2011. I had some CBT, things improved, I weaned off. Now I'm back on a downer, like a yo-yo for the last few weeks and am thoroughly sick of it!

When I was coming off my doc said I could pick up again without seeing her and apply for a repeat prescription and left me with a box of 20mg pills which I still have. Should I just start taking them again and then see how it goes? Or should I see her? I hate feeling like I'm wasting doc's time. She often looks like she's just stopped crying! Though she is lovely and perhaps just tired :).

HOWEVER, my partner says perhaps they weren't the best pills for me. I was in a daze, holes in my brain, no libido, but at least I wasn't panicking or getting downers again. Are there better pills?

I'm thinking that my depression is now more anxiety-based - I spin round like a top then crash.

All advice gratefully received, thanks!:yesyes:

nicola1980
20-03-12, 16:08
Hi id recommend going and having a chat with your gp before just starting them up again x x

mashedbanana
20-03-12, 16:12
You're right, it's been a while. Many thank Nicola, hope you're ok. xx

mrslala
26-03-12, 14:05
Good Luck :)
I think you should go back & have a chat too, see what they say or she might change your dosage etc :)
x

Stormsky
26-03-12, 14:16
You can always just ring your docs, get telephone appt.
I was the same when i first came off meds (still have 3wks worth in draw)-
My doc however on couple of occasions said just start taking them again if you feel you need to. (without asking her first).

mashedbanana
28-03-12, 19:37
Hi all, many thanks for the input. I decided in the end to try some alternatives since I have been drug free for so long. I have been taking 2 doses of St John's Wort, evening primrose oil and vitamin B complex for about a week now, and I do feel a little better. I'm going on hols for 2 weeks with partner and both mums and so that will really put me to the test - not the company, more the nothing to do!

I'll check in when I'm back. Take care all! x