PDA

View Full Version : Cipralex

mrsc
28-06-06, 12:54
Hello all

I'm new and have been suffering for some time now. I've avoided taking tablets but nothing else seems to be working and the anxiety is debilitating. It may sound stupid but I'm anxious about taking the tablets for fear of side effects etc. In the past and present I've had some nasty side effects from taking medication (I have a long term illness).

Can anyone tell me how have they reacted on Cipralex.

Thank u in advance

Daisybun
28-06-06, 13:06
Hi is cipralex related to citalopram? I hate taking pills too but i had to do something as dr was worried about me, so I started 10mg citalopram yesterday. I too worry about side effects so I haven't read the leaflet! I do know that any anti-depressant can make the anxiety seem worse initially, yuck i know but once they kick in you do start to feel better. As far as reactions go, I am shakey today but not too bad, my tummy was iffy last night and I had a dry throat - but everyone is different and not everyone reacts like this. The effects tend to wear off as you stay on them too. Hope this helps you.

Take care
Daisybun

'This too will pass'

mrsc
29-06-06, 08:09
I'm not sure it's the same, but I'm working my way up to taking them!

dizzyd
29-06-06, 17:59
Hi there, Just felt that I had to reply to this topic as it is something that I welcomed replies to last year when I started on Cipralex and needed re-assurance. Please remember everyone is different and whilst some may suffer unwanted side-effects others appear to have none. I was one of those who for the first 10 days had heightened panicks and sensations of weakness - to the point that I couldn't get out of bed for fear of collapsing. However it may have just been that my panics were heightened anyway amd it took 10 days for the cipralex to work. What I can say is that after the first 2 weeks I got on just fine with cipralex 10mg and slowly but surely I felt that it took the peak off my anxiety enabling me to manage my feelings / fears in a more rational way.
Now 14 months on I am slowly coming off them I have come down from 10mg to 5mg every other day and so far so good.
I am able to accept that the woozy headed sensations I get from time to time - out of the blue - aren't a pre-cursor to a faint/collapse. Although I am also aware that if I allow fear to get a foothold it will willingly do so.
Hope all goes well and that you too will benefit from Cipralex.
Dawn