PDA

View Full Version : Acid Reflux and tongue and speech problems

SH2727
20-03-12, 16:37
Hi everyone,

I just wondered if anyone had speech problems with their Acid Reflux? I have read that the acid can damage the tongue?

I have suffered with reflux for about five years now and for the past couple if years my tongue has been sore on and off and feels dry and rough. I have problems pronouncing some words and feel as if I am slurring. I've had the speech problems for about a year or so.

Of course I am worrying about MS or MND due to my Health Anxieties and wondered if someone could put my mind at rest.

Many thanks.

LittleMissSleepy
20-03-12, 16:51
Hello I've not heard about speech problems due to acid disturbing the Tongue (so thanks for the headsup). Does it look red when sore ? I sometimes get a sore throat after a spell of bad reflux. I have problems with talking where the reflex is causing me to be breathless and tension in my stomach abs. Not sure if anyone else has that. I understand your concerns about MS, I feel the same.

SH2727
22-03-12, 17:26
Thanks for your reply LittleMissSleepy. My tongue is red and sore and feel like it has been burnt. I have popping sensations (twitching) over my body too, which I am sure is anxiety, but of course I put two and two together and get MS or MND! The thing is deep down I know it's anxiety, reflux, food allergies or something like that but my nagging health anxiety demon throws a spanner in and sends me into a frenzy!!!