PDA

View Full Version : Has anyone come off this and suffered side effects?

Lizziesaurus
20-03-12, 18:53
So it's about what, 6 months since I came off venlafaxine, highest dose I was on was 225mg and withdrawal was AWFUL :wacko:
Anyway the head zaps and stuff wore off but now I think about it I've never been quite right since.
If I'm lying still and quiet but feel stressed or upset my entire body twitches, just like it used to on the meds. My libido is virtually non-existant now as well which from googling I've seen can happen.
This, as you can imagine has ruined my sex life and it's effecting my relationship :weep:

Has anyone else managed to come off this and had lasting side effects? I'm wondering whether to speak to my doctor about it but I really doubt there's much he could do.

london
20-03-12, 20:57
why did you come off them

Pipkin
20-03-12, 21:58
Hi Lizz,

I'm on venlafaxine at the moment but was also on it 9 years ago and came off it no problem. It was hard for a couple of weeks but I certainly had no lasting effects, though I know it can happen. I would say it's definitely worth a discussion with your GP.

Pip xx

erin31
21-03-12, 15:36
Hi. I came off effexor 12 weeks ago and although the side withdrawal effects were horrendous to begin with they have gradually become less over time and this last week I feel for the first time that I am clear of any side effects. I have heard of people having side effects for many months when coming off this medication but six months does seem a long time so it may be best to have a word with your GP.

Lizziesaurus
21-03-12, 20:59
Thanks for the replies, I think I may mention it next time I can get an appointment with my doctor but it's not something I feel needs immidiate attention, it doesn't both me like life changing bother me, but would be nice to know if it was the venlafaxine.

Also, in reply to london, they weren't working for me anymore, I was a zombie and if anything still very depressed. I was also fed up of being in a haze of medication.

It's worked out well in the long run, stopping being veggie seems to have helped me alot. Also, with the thought of maybe thinking about a baby in the next 12 months, I don't want to be on anything like this.

lleksam
21-03-12, 21:35
PAWS is very common.

paxilprogress is a site dedicated to people suffering PAWS after stopping an SSRI or SNRI.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Post-acute-withdrawal_syndrome

Lizziesaurus
25-03-12, 08:58
Thanks for that, I'll take a look at it.