PDA

View Full Version : TMJ, sinus, something serious? Whats wrong with me? :(

michellew
20-03-12, 18:34
I was sick last week after being run-down and exhausted from my health anxiety and insomnia. I had a sore throat and a fever and of course, this just sent my anxiety spiralling! I then got what I think was conjunctivitis: red, sore eye that felt gritty. I treated this with over the counter eyedrops and its pretty much gone away but around my eye still feels all sore, like the bone.

My cheekbones feel sore too and over my eyebrow. I feel like I have a constant tension headache and I have post-nasal drip, but thats not uncommon for me... But no green mucus. If this is an infection I'm scared it could spread to my brain and I can't stop thinking about it.. I also get symptoms of TMD and neck pain... Could someone reassure me that I'm not going to drop dead of a serious bacterial infection?

swgrl09
20-03-12, 19:17
If your cheeks are sore, you may have a sinus infection. This also can cause pain in the eye area, forehead, temples.

michellew
20-03-12, 19:52
I can't go to a doctor for about 12 hours but should I be ok until then? Can i do anything to stop the infection spreading? i have one antibiotic tablet left over from an old course (I accidentally left it in my college house and replaced it to finish the course) should i take that? i'm so worried i can't even study for an exam i have tomorrow

swgrl09
20-03-12, 20:35
I don't see why you couldn't wait until tomorrow. It's not in your bones, for my first sinus infection I was afraid of that too because the pain feels so close to the bones like it is in it. I would avoid self-medicating. A lot of times sinus infections aren't caused by bacteria anyway but by a virus, so an antibiotic wouldn't do much. Only take one if the doc prescribes it.

I was put on two courses of antibiotics when I had one because the first course didn't get rid of it. Then it just kept coming back and it turned out I had allergies. I realized this when I took benedryl for something else and my sinus congestion magically disappeared. Allergy testing confirmed it.