PDA

View Full Version : flu twice in about 2 weeks :(

sherylee xx
20-03-12, 18:36
hey guys so i think it was 2 weeks ago i had the flu and a chest infection i felt awful for afew days but then got alot better but still had a runny stuffy nose for those 2 weeks and today i have got really bad again sore throat achey and gettin head pains behind my ear but more at the back of my head im kinda worryin becaus iv never had the flu twice so close together and im thinkin all sorts like i have somethin else wrong with me thats cuasin my immune system to be low :( like i said i never fully got over the flu but did get much better so why do i feel really ill again 2 weeks later?? also both times havin the flu i have been burpin alot and big burps and i dont normaly its so odd!! please reply :( xx

Darwin73
20-03-12, 19:51
Although annoying, it isn't that unusal to pick up another virus shortly after having flu. My GP told me that once you're immune system has been knocked by something, it takes a while for it to build up its strengh again so you are more susceptible to any other germs that are knocking about. Unfortunately you've probably been got by another virus that has similar symptoms to the one you were only just getting over. I know it is miserable to get one thing after another ( I had shingles, then campylobacter then mastitis within the space of a couple of months a few years ago and I was wondering why as well).

sherylee xx
20-03-12, 19:57
thaks for your reply :) i feel abit better i feel complete rubbish :( xx

Worried_Male
20-03-12, 22:50
I got a really bad sore throat that lasted about 4 days. Went away for about 2 days, then i got it again which lasted about a week. I recovered from than and then got a horrible cold a with a cough a few days after that.

I would say for the last month i have been well for about 4-5 days of it. Once you get ill once it can take a while to get back up. I have taken the week off work to really recover as i didn't take days off when i was ill.

gates
21-03-12, 05:51
Well, according to me you have low immunity. These is making you feel sick every time. So try to improve your immunity and rest will be fine.