PDA

View Full Version : Acupuncture

ems73
20-03-12, 19:38
Have booked an acupuncture session for Thursday. Never had it before but feel it's worth a try. Has anyone had any experience with it??
I guess even if it's not much good it can't hurt and may be a relaxing experience, costs about the same as a massage.

haz
20-03-12, 19:55
Have booked an acupuncture session for Thursday. Never had it before but feel it's worth a try. Has anyone had any experience with it??
I guess even if it's not much good it can't hurt and may be a relaxing experience, costs about the same as a massage.

I used to get acupuncture for back/neck pain and also for anxiety/depression. The therapist also used to use massage and cupping as well. It's not sore and I never saw the needles, I don't have a needle phobia anyway. It's nice and relaxing.

I used to get it at my local community centre for £5.00 per half hour treatment but sadly the therapist has gone back to China. I really miss it and can't afford to pay the usual prices.

Enjoy!

Haz. :)

swgrl09
21-03-12, 16:41
It really helped my neck and back pain. Give it at least 2 or 3 sessions though before you really feel results. The first time I was so anxious about it that I was super tense and that basically defeated the purpose.

It does not hurt. Once in a while you might get a little pinch with a needle, but the only advice is hold very very still once they are in. You won't hurt at all, but if you move, they will hurt. I learned that the hard way.

I went maybe 6 or 7 times and then life got really busy so I stopped. But it was definitely very good for neck and back pain. Again, don't judge after the first session.