PDA

View Full Version : DLA Renewal form and agoraphobia

CharsxD
21-03-12, 04:26
Hi all, I'm new. Its nice to have found a forum where there are other people like me. I've suffered from Agoraphobia and pyschosis since the age of 13 and I'm just about to turn 19.
I've been on ESA + DLA for around 2 years now and I'm stuck with the renewal form. In the past I cancelled 3 medical assessments as they know I'm agoraphobic. I'm housebound and haven't been out in years it is that severe.

I had a doctor visit me for an assessment, but 10 minutes in he stopped the assessment as he could see I was unwell, and not fit to work. Up until that moment I had to phone the doctors for a medical certificate to send to DLA. After the doctor I was put into the support group and both esa and dla had increased and they never asked for a MC again. Not sure why :wacko:

I had a form through yesterday and saw it has to be in tomorrow! ( late post or what? )
I rang the organisation that helped me last time, but they've now shut down. I range two others, but I can't get an appointment until next week and my father is away. I've no idea how to fill it out, the questions are so complicated and don't have my original form. What can I do? Any advice would be much appreciated :)

little wren
21-03-12, 10:40
Hi charsxD,

Firstly I must point out that I have no experience with filling in these forms so cannot help you very much. However, my only advice would be to phone the dla/esa office (give them your reference number etc) and explain that you only received the form yesterday and as you need assistance filling it in (and can only get an appointment for that next week) is it possible to send the form in then. Explain your agoraphobia etc and that you cannot just go down to the citizens advice bureau like other people as you cannot get out your house. I really hope others with more experience of these forms answer your post, but I wish you best of luck and hope they are understanding of your situation x

london
21-03-12, 12:59
come in the chat room i help you
god bless

bernie1977
23-03-12, 10:55
benefits and work website is excellent for help with completing these forms. You have to pay a subscription if you want access to the guidlines that the DWP use when assessing your claim