PDA

View Full Version : Good news

Daisybun
28-06-06, 13:21
Well i have just had an appointment for CBT through to start next week, so here's hoping!

Take care
Daisybun

'This too will pass'

chucklehound
28-06-06, 13:51
Good luck with CBT hope it goes well for you:D

Take care

Chuckle

xxxx

Southern_Belle
28-06-06, 13:52
Oh Daisy,

Great news! I hope it works for you, so happy for you.

Bel

"Our thoughts are our reality"

manmoor
28-06-06, 14:30
Hi Daisy,

I'm so pleased for you. Thats great news.

Mandy

xx

Daisybun
28-06-06, 15:02
Thank you everyone. I feel a lot more positive today.

Take care
Daisybun

'This too will pass'

Elle-Kay
28-06-06, 15:19
That's great Daisy. I'm about to make an appointment to see my Dr about being referred to CBT on the NHS (I enquired about private sessions as the waiting lists on the NHS were likely to be long, and got quotes of £30-£50 an hour which I guess I'll have to pay if an NHS referral takes a long time). Do you mind me asking how long you had to wait for your referral? and did you ask your Dr straight out about it, or is that considered rude so you should wait until they suggest it...?

Leah.

--- Obstacles are what you see when you take your eyes off the goal.

janie
28-06-06, 16:06
Hi Daisy - well done you!!:D

I have had about 4 sessions of CBT and it is excellent - takes a bit of work because they are trying to help you change the way you think - from irrational to rational, from negative to positive - trying to catch the automatic negative thoughts and challenging them.

I have to pay for my therapy (£80 an hour)[Sigh...] because there was an 8 month waiting list. Money well spent though.

Good luck Daisy - let us know how you get on.

Janie xxxx

Karen
28-06-06, 17:19
Great news Daisybun. I hope it goes well.

Karen

Happiness is not a state to arrive at but a manner of travelling.

You only live once, but if you do it right, once is enough ~ Christine Cagney, Cagney & Lacey

Breatheon
28-06-06, 19:40
Good luck, please let us know how you get on.

I will be going for an assessment next Wednesday and will do likewise. Have had to go private because NHS wait was around 10 months in my area but have found a man who charges £40 an hour. Had a brief chat with him on the phone and he sounded very positive.

Everything you read says that CBT is an excellent form of treatment and the man I spoke to was very encouraging, he said he knew how distressing the anxiety symptoms are and it was frustrating because they are "very treatable".

Good luck

Chris

emma chant
28-06-06, 20:50
GOOD LUCK with cbt daisy.
xx

e chant

Daisybun
28-06-06, 23:20
Thanks everyone. just for information for Leah, my GP suggested it, but you can ask. I was seen by the mental health nurse for assessment and told the waiting list was long, but that she would see what she could do. I am being seen within two months of referral. That's very quick. When I was referred before i never heard back!!!!

Take care
Daisybun

'This too will pass'

chedda
29-06-06, 11:10
Hia daisybun
congratulations hope it all goes well for you ...well i know it will all go right for you :DHeres hoping you make leaps and bounds forward
take care cheryl xx