PDA

View Full Version : muscle tension and pins and needles

wendypop
21-03-12, 12:31
Hi,
Does anyone know if muscle tension can caurse pins and needles?

I have neck pain and sometimes pain that feels like its right behind my shoulder blades and in my shoulder joint. I often have a pins and needles feeling in the same arm as my painful shoulder.

I know im always hunching my shoulders. Been worrying about the pins and needles and would be greatful for any reassurance!

Thank you

swiffer61
21-03-12, 16:54
Hi,
Does anyone know if muscle tension can caurse pins and needles?

I have neck pain and sometimes pain that feels like its right behind my shoulder blades and in my shoulder joint. I often have a pins and needles feeling in the same arm as my painful shoulder.

I know im always hunching my shoulders. Been worrying about the pins and needles and would be greatful for any reassurance!

Thank you Hiya,

I get this a lot as well, and definitely when I have neck pain and pain right behind my shoulder blades and on my shoulder joint. I also hunch my shoulders a lot.

As far as I can remember from my physical therapist, nerve pain in the arm is generally due to a pinched nerve in the neck. Makes sense if we are always getting ourselves hunched up like we do! I also believe he said that when our muscles are tensed up they can compress the nerves.

If you find it's becoming very bothersome for you and/or chronic, you should definitely see your GP for a referral to someone who specializes in these sorts of things though. They can maybe help you to better your posture or give you a tweak or two. :)

Take care! Hope you feel better soon!

wendypop
21-03-12, 17:13
Thank you for your reply, you have made me feel much better :)