PDA

View Full Version : anyone?

JaneC
21-03-12, 13:09
Has anyone ever been diagnosed with cysts on their thyroid? Just been told an ultrasound has found two on mine. Dr Google is telling me it is highly unlikely to be anything nasty but I'm freaking out a little and can't see my doc till a week on Monday x

swgrl09
21-03-12, 13:40
I haven't but I know of a few people who have and I believe it is fairly common. Is your doc going to just meet with you to discuss or are they doing any more tests?

swiffer61
21-03-12, 16:18
Has anyone ever been diagnosed with cysts on their thyroid? Just been told an ultrasound has found two on mine. Dr Google is telling me it is highly unlikely to be anything nasty but I'm freaking out a little and can't see my doc till a week on Monday x Hi JaneC,

A few years ago I was also diagnosed with a cyst on my thyroid. I kept complaining to the doctor that I felt a lump there and that my voice was often hoarse.

My doctor informed me that these things are incredibly unlikely to be something bad, and in my case especially, because my cyst was less than 1 cm big and that it was entirely filled with liquid. As far as I know, these are rather common findings, so if your doctor tells you not to worry and doesn't request further testing, and if you don't feel that it is disrupting your life in anyway after speaking with the doctor, don't worry!

Let us know how you get on!
Take care!

JaneC
21-03-12, 22:57
Thanks to both of you. I don't know anyone who has had this, so it is good to hear about people who have. I don't know what the doc has in mind with regards to further tests or not. I'll just have to see what she says. Seems to be a lot on conflicting info online xx