PDA

View Full Version : Armpit, Underarm Pain/Sore

southernbelle
21-03-12, 13:48
:weep:I do so well & then a sypmtom pops up, I Google & I'm convinced that I have lymphoma (what my Grandmother passed from)...

I have recurring pain in my left arm pit. I have NO swollen glands (that I can feel). I had this pain last year (along with breast "lump") and got an ultrasound of the complete area & lymph nodes. After finding nothing unusual, I had a clear follow up scan six months after. The last scan was nine months ago. I hadn't really had pain since then...but now....it's back (no breast pain, no lump). I did have tendonitis in that arm/shoulder last year, too...

Would I be able to feel a lump if it were a lymph node? Can tendonitis come back?

I've scheduled an appointment with my doctor next week. I'm taking pain meds & icing it down until then...I wish that I could have something to ease my mind, in the meantime...I hate this feeling!

swgrl09
21-03-12, 14:41
I am guessing it is most likely muscular. I always get sore armpits, sometiems one side, sometimes the other, sometimes both. Sometimes it is just armpit, sometimes it spreads into chest and back. When I started doing arm stretches before and after sleeping it helped me a lot. Honestly, that would be my guess as to what is happening to you.

southernbelle
21-03-12, 20:53
I'm hoping so. I just hate the waiting in the meantime. Life goes on around me & I just am in a numb state...it's always in the back of my mind...Again, I hate this feeling, the anxiousness...no relief, really...

southernbelle
23-03-12, 02:01
Does anyone know if I'd actually feel a lymph node in my armpit if it was swollen (like the actual lump) or see it?

southernbelle
31-03-12, 23:41
I went to the DR. this past week & he couldn't feel any lymph nodes swollen. He told me not to worry & gave me more pain meds for straining the tendons or muscles there. Today, it feel very sore, again & has spread to another place (when arm pit and chest meet). I carried a lot of groceries in yesterday, and I think that is what's causing it.
I just can't really understand WHY it is always the left side where this problem occurs?!

swgrl09
02-04-12, 19:41
It's muscle memory. I learned this the hard way after I was in a car accident. Once your muscles get hurt, it is much easier to hurt the same muscles again. They are weaker after that.

candy_floss
02-04-12, 22:45
Sounds muscular to me.
I had a very bizarre problem where the joint under my armpit slipped out of place for no apparent reason....doctor has suggested phsyio to strengthen it but only if it becomes painful and bothers me.
I still get twinges in it now but I'm learning to just accept that and not have a complete freak out about it because as soon as I do, I feel like the pain is radiating down my arm....:huh:

As for lymph nodes, I am very thin but cannot feel my armpit lymph nodes. But sadly, I can feel the ones in my groin and neck, even when they aren't swollen.

southernbelle
03-04-12, 03:16
Thank you all for the encouragement @Candy...my husband is that thin & can feel the lymph nodes in his groin all the time, too. The doctor says that they're "normal".
I'm hoping that it is muscle memory & will get better with meds, soon!