PDA

View Full Version : Scared about menengitis

Betsyboo9034
21-03-12, 15:37
Hi guys,
I don't know why I am so anxious, but I am stuck in the library, panicking because I have had a headache for two days, and I feel feverish. I feel sick. I am so scared I have meningitis. I don't know what to do.
Thanks,
Elizabeth

swgrl09
21-03-12, 15:49
Why don't you just get the vaccine so you don't have to worry about it ever?

Kellybobz
21-03-12, 16:41
Hi it sounds more like your just run down or may have a common virus. When im getting a cold it usually starts with a headache initally. What makes you think you have meningitis?

michellew
22-03-12, 00:33
I was in your exact situation yesterday: Stuck in the library studying for my microbiology exam with a sore neck, fever and headache. What made it even worse was that I had to learn an entire case study on meningitis! Theres no reason to believe you have it though, as my doctor told me today. If you start to feel like you have the worst headache you've ever had in your life and you can't touch your chin to your chest then go to A&E and worry about that if it comes. Don't think 'what if', I think that is our biggest mistake as anxiety sufferers. If it makes you feel any better it has a 79% survival rate on this side of the world. When you start to feel better you should schedule the vaccine, although it doesn't protect against all kinds of meningitis it might help to reassure you. That's my plan of action, anyway!