PDA

View Full Version : viral infection

melvin
21-03-12, 16:54
hi guys
has anyone had a viral infection iv got a bad one stiff neck eyes hurting bad headace .how long do they last and how do you treat it

Worried_Male
21-03-12, 19:12
Plenty of water and rest. Wrap up warm when you go bed so you can sweat it out.

sherylee xx
21-03-12, 19:28
i have a viral infection to im really bad i cant move my head without bein in pain and my throat is so sore!! my gp gave me penicillin and im restin have no idea how long they last :( xx

michellew
22-03-12, 00:27
I have a viral infection now too which is definitely being aggravated by anxiety. The only way to treat a viral infection is rest, fluids, vitamin C and eating properly if you can eat. Antibiotics DO NOT kill viruses and your doctor should not be prescribing them for a viral infection. The body's immune system takes care of these everyday viruses naturally, don't worry you will be ok in a few days!

Em84
22-03-12, 06:20
Hello

Unlucky me I had a viral infection around two weeks back which then started a sinus infection which I still can't shift....

The virus lasted around a week...stayed at home, plenty of fluids, if your bungged have some steam in a bowl with olbus or Karvol and breath in the steam.

You'll be ok :hugs:

My anxiety is really really bad when I'm unwell.....

sherylee xx
22-03-12, 06:39
michellew the antibiotics are workin wonders fr me after takin 2 my throat is imensley better xx

michellew
22-03-12, 15:23
Sherylee that probably means yours was a bacterial infection so! Antibiotics can only work against bacteria. Viruses just have to go away by themselves!

swgrl09
22-03-12, 15:34
Your body can take up to two weeks, sometimes longer to kick a viral infection. I had one for 3-4 weeks, my doctor said that nowadays there are some that just take longer to get over and it was normal. Just rest up and give it some time. Steam is great for congestion, and saline rinses for nasal and sinus cavities. I swear by those vitamin C packets that you mix with water. They don't magically cure it, but help you get over it quicker.

melvin
22-03-12, 19:05
thanks for all ur replys guys very helpfull:)

sherylee xx
22-03-12, 23:31
gp said deffo viral xx