PDA

View Full Version : Anxiety worse if I don't sleep

JoJoR
21-03-12, 19:09
I've got a one year old baby who has never been a good sleeper, unlike his brother and sister. I find that if I have a night with lots of broken sleep and periods of wakefulness, I have a day where I feel much more anxious. Is this just because I'm more irritable due to lack of sleep which causes the stress which increases the anxiety??..

I feel really lazy as it is at the moment because I feel constantly tired, anxious, lethargic etc that I'm not keeping on top of things in the house.

Today, because I only had about 3 hours of broken sleep last night, my mum came and did some cleaning up for me while I looked after the baby who has been ill with a tummy bug since Sunday. I felt useless and guilty about her helping me and now I just feel really anxious and stressed.

Any advise would be appreciated :unsure:

Kellybobz
21-03-12, 19:34
Hi welcome to motherhood!

I have a three yar old girl who thankfully sleeps now but i remember the days when she didnt and it definatly made my anxiety worse. I felt more panicky and irritable. Also when i do night shifts and i lose my correct sleeping pattern it makes it unbearable, so much that my doctor wrote me a note to say i cant work night shifts anymore.

congratulations btw and i hope your feeling better soon xx

AngelHeart
21-03-12, 22:19
Yes, totally !! When I have my insomnia and cant sleep my anxiety, irritability and panic attacks go through the roof ! Its so exhausting.

Don't feel guilty either about someone else helping you out. Its really hard work being a Mum ( I have 3 ) so take all the help people can give you espcially if you feel tired and run down xx