PDA

View Full Version : hi all fellow sufferers

redbarony
28-06-06, 16:46
wow what a site,just reading from this site has helped me feel better,

my problems have started in the last six months or so but have really got worse recently,i suffer like most from the fear of dying-both my parents died early of various illness'es my mum has always been ill but my dad died really quickly of complications surrounding a brain tumour.i got admitted to hospital with what they think was a migraine when i suffered pins and needles all down my right hand side starting from my foot going to my head face and mouth making me all numb and unable to speak without slurring and i had a belting headache after that had gone,i was that scared i kind of said my goodbyes to my wife and kids!!!.recently i have had difficulty breathing and the chest pains which my doctor put down to asthma,im on a reliver for that but i stll get episodes.i mentioned anxiety to him and he kind of ignored it and told me to carry on with the inhaler.i dont get as bad as other on the board but it still frightens me and im kind of embarressed by it as its not very macho,its seems at the mo i get worse after having a couple of beers!!!!nnnnooooooooooo,anyhow ive rambled on a bit now,

catch you guys and girls around

red

manmoor
28-06-06, 17:26
Hi Red,

Welccome to the site. You will get lots of information here and will realise that your not alone as we're all in the same boat on way or another. Everyone here is so friendly and helpful.

Glad You Joined Us

Take Care

Mandy

xx

giddy
28-06-06, 17:48
Welcome to the forum Red
Love Helen

chucklehound
28-06-06, 18:14
Hi and welcome to NMP:D

Take care

Chuckle

xxxx

polly daydream
28-06-06, 18:16
Hi Red and welcome, there is absolutely nothing to be embarrassed about, millions of people both men and woman suffer from some form of anxiety including "macho men" aswell. Alchohol can actually make anxiety worse, so maybe stay off it untill you feeling a bit better.

Best wishes,

Polly

trac67
28-06-06, 18:25
Hi Red,

Welcome to the forum, you will get a lot of good advice here and make some new friends.

Take care
Trac xx

'Live your life with arms wide open, today is where your book begins, the rest is still unwritten'

Two heads
28-06-06, 18:49
hi red!
Welcome hun there is loads of help here when you need it most so dont fear two heads is here!!!!
xx

emmy
28-06-06, 19:02
hi red welcome to the forum

hope you find all you need here there are some lovely people on here

emily xxxx

if it looks like it works and feels like it works then it works!!!

jackie
28-06-06, 22:01
i am glad you found us, you are not alone

jackie

Breatheon
28-06-06, 22:29
Hi and welcome

As well as reassuring you that you are not alone I just wanted to say that I had a similar experience with my GP when I first mentioned anxiety and the shallow breathing symptoms, he just told me to use the blue inhaler when they came along even though they are totally different to asthma symptoms, ie wheezing.

GP number 2 was much more helpful and as well as prescribing medication and suggesting CBT also said that she could 100 guarantee me that I would not stop breathing (my anxiety fear at that time) and that the worst thing that could happen is that my brain would make me faint so that the breathing balance could be redressed, not that this has ever happened either. The breathing symptoms tend to come and go, although very very unpleasant when they are around, distraction tends to help.

Good luck

Chris

scoobygirl2005
28-06-06, 22:36
Hi.

Welcome to the forum. You will find lots of help and support here.

Scooby2005
x x

Karen
28-06-06, 22:41
Hi Red

Welcome to the forum.

You might like to have a read through the following information as a place to start:

First Steps (http://www.nomorepanic.co.uk/default.asp?t=cms&c=firststeps)

Symptoms (http://www.nomorepanic.co.uk/default.asp?t=cms&c=symptoms)

Health Anxiety (http://www.nomorepanic.co.uk/default.asp?t=cms&c=healthanxiety)

Links post: Links to posts about Common Problems (http://www.nomorepanic.co.uk/showthread.php?t=7784)

You will find a lot of help and support here.

Karen

Happiness is not a state to arrive at but a manner of travelling.

You only live once, but if you do it right, once is enough ~ Christine Cagney, Cagney & Lacey

Sue K with 5
28-06-06, 22:51
hi and welcome to nmp

your symptoms certainly sound symptomatic of anxiety and you will find a lot of support and great info from this site

sue with 5

scknight

Daisybun
28-06-06, 23:07
Hi Red and welcome. Glad you are feeling a bit better after reading some of the posts, it helps to know you are not alone! There is lots of help and support here.

Take care
Daisybun

'This too will pass'

hayles
29-06-06, 09:38
HI Red ans welcome to the sitexx

Hay x

chedda
29-06-06, 10:07
Hia red and welcome to the site:D
Your definately not alone and that in itself makes it easier somehow...you will find loads of advice and help on here
take care cheryl xx

nomorepanic
30-06-06, 18:26
Hi Red

Welcome aboard and lovely to see you here. Hope we can be of some help.

There are loads of great people on here and you will get all the support you need.

Nicola

redbarony
02-07-06, 10:00
thanks for the big welcome guys and girls

had a really bad wwekend so far with my problems,gonna post it in the relevent sections

cheers

andy

wobily_lin
18-02-07, 06:53
elo Red,

Welcome to the site..great support and advice on here..glad to have ya on board x